Colonial General

Discussion in 'Single Edged Razors' started by L.A. Jones, Jul 19, 2019.

1. L.A. Jones

L.A. Jones Contributor

I have been wanting to try a Colonial General... not picky. Brass, Aluminum, or SS will do. However I could find nothing... until I found all three. Try all three, keep one, and move the other two. No biggie. 2019_Jul_19_8133_LR.jpg

2. Better than I lol, I saw a couple for full price on the bay, skipped those and snagged an ATT se1. Figure when the new version pops out , some might swap out. It would be a good report on them , having all three.

3. I dig my brass one. Don’t see any reason to sell it. Super smooth shaver.

4. L.A. Jones

L.A. Jones Contributor

Just tried the Aluminum this morning... excellent shave.

5. Awesome find! They’re all great shavers, just depends on the weight/feel you like. I had the privilege of trying some, wish I had one!

6. I have the aluminum one. I had the brass for a while but sold it because I liked the aluminum one better. Never tried the stainless steel.

I might not have given the brass razor a fair shot; if I recall correctly, I probably only shaved with it maybe 3 or 4 times.

7. Had all 3 and the brass is the winner for me. Enjoy the experimentation

8. L.A. Jones

L.A. Jones Contributor

Brass was too heavy... already gone.

9. Yep, we all have differing preferences. I prefer the heft compared to the SS. I'm glad you get to try all 3 like I did to settle on your favorite :a17:

10. @L.A. Jones I’ve gotta agree with you. Having tried all three versions myself, I ended up settling on aluminum. With a Schick Proline blade, it’s a great shave.