What's new

Colonial General V2

Just curious, did the General V2 go on sale lately and I missed it, or has the latest batch not gone live? I was following and site said they were in QC, and now says in production.
Need a backup to my trusty V1 aluminum.

Just curious, did the General V2 go on sale lately and I missed it, or has the latest batch not gone live? I was following and site said they were in QC, and now says in production.
Need a backup to my trusty V1 aluminum.

The one that was in QC was The Silversmith. It was a bit confusing as they post about the silversmith in both razors notes. The General is being machined now as they told. Maybe next month they will come. I'm waiting on one also.

The one that was in QC was The Silversmith. It was a bit confusing as they post about the silversmith in both razors notes. The General is being machined now as they told. Maybe next month they will come. I'm waiting on one also.
Awesome.

Thanks!

Looking forward to trying this one out. Finally got one coming my way (along with a titanium handle from IB). Thinking total weight of about 85 grams will make it feel closer to my believed aluminum General. My V1 stainless was great, but just too hefty for me at 123 grams.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I saw that titanium handle from ib, how do you like it? Its priced nice too. I also just put a ti handle onto an aluminum Col gen head and plan on using it next. Was looking for a little more grip than the stock handle.

I use the V1 Aluminium handle with the V2 SS Head. Perfect.
I tried it that too. Wasn't great for me. Felt too top heavy. Glad it works for you.
I saw that titanium handle from ib, how do you like it? Its priced nice too. I also just put a ti handle onto an aluminum Col gen head and plan on using it next. Was looking for a little more grip than the stock handle.
It's pretty good. Balance is good and grip is very good. Wish it was a few grams lighter, but picking nits at this point. I may have to polish the head so they're both shiny, but that says more about my OCD. I also have the aluminum Timeless, so may try handle from that.

For anyone that knows metal oxidation: any risk of steel screw in titanium handle? Or aluminum handle?

It's pretty good. Balance is good and grip is very good. Wish it was a few grams lighter, but picking nits at this point. I may have to polish the head so they're both shiny, but that says more about my OCD. I also have the aluminum Timeless, so may try handle from that.
I went for the same combo, and feel like it has a pretty decent balance point. Also picked up a Ti handle from Aliexpress that's a bit shorter and heavier at 92mm/53g vs the Ti Halo that is 100mm/48g. Still waiting on that to arrive. If you are looking for a bit lighter they have one that is 90mm/38g. I considered it but actually felt like it might be too light for my preferences.

For anyone that knows metal oxidation: any risk of steel screw in titanium handle? Or aluminum handle?
I'd probably be more concerned about steel destroying those soft aluminum threads.

Top Bottom