What's new

Colonial General V2

It took me 6-7 shaves to get it. But this was my first foray into SE.

what blade did you use? I just shaved with a Kai Pink for the 5th or so shave and I don’t think they agree with my skin. Schick Prolines seem best so far of the 3 blades I’ve tried. Those shaves were great.

I had ordered some Feather Pro blades off Amazon so used them. Also going to order some Prolines from Phil and maybe some Kail Mild pink also. I’m about to do some reading on riding the top cap which I’ve also read is how you should shave with these type razors, hopefully it helps

I had ordered some Feather Pro blades off Amazon so used them. Also going to order some Prolines from Phil and maybe some Kail Mild pink also. I’m about to do some reading on riding the top cap which I’ve also read is how you should shave with these type razors, hopefully it helps
You can buy individual blades from tryablade.com so you don't have to buy complete packages just incase you don't like a blade...

My shave this evening was with the General V2 and a feather super on its first shave and I think I've found my winner. Super close and with ease. Not as smooth as the Schick on first impression but I'll see how the blade handles over the next few shaves.

So I haven’t had any luck finding any comparisons between The General SS V1 vs the The General V2, does anyone own both? Is it the same shave?

I have the V1 Aluminum and due to a friend’s generosity I got to try his V2. IMHO the V2 is probably just a tad more efficient, has a smaller blade exposure and the smaller head makes it more maneuverable. YMMV but that was my observations.

So I got a General V2 head from the BST. Just had my first shave with it and I think it’s the best razor I have ever used. I used a Feather pro with the Rex Envoy handle and the balance is excellent, I had a very good shave and my face is the smoothest it’s been and it feels like a didn’t even shave. Awesome razor made me a little sad that I’ll probably have to sell some razors now, mainly because I’ll never feel like using them again. I just stick with what works for me.

The General V2 really is the best safety razor I have ever used. I regret being cheap and waiting for a cheaper one on the BST. To me and the shave results I get are unbelievable, still using that same Feather Pro for about six shaves now and still getting the same shaves as the first. I have found the one. I just got some Feather Pro Supers and can’t wait to try them out.

Picked up a General V2 head from the last release. I paired it with a spare Tradere handle, which is one of my favorite handles and works really well with the General, both visually and functionally.

I've had the General sitting around for a few weeks now just waiting for an order of SE blades to finally arrive. The last time I tried an SE razor was about 5 years ago during the Mongoose passaround. I didn't like the Mongoose razor so it's been a while since I've decided to try another SE razor. I ordered a pack of Schick Pro Line, Feather Pro, and Kai Mild (pink) blades.

Just had my first shave with the General V2 using a Schick blade. The Schick blade was a little bit tuggy on almost a week's growth, but I was really impressed with the maneuverability and efficiency/closeness of the General V2 (both areas where I found the Mongoose lacking).

It might take me a while to try all of the blade combinations and determine blade longevity, but my first impressions are positive enough that this razor might stick around for a while since it offers a unique experience from my usual DE razors.

proxy.php

It might take me a while to try all of the blade combinations and determine blade longevity, but my first impressions are positive enough that this razor might stick around for a while since it offers a unique experience from my usual DE razors.
I am an every other day shaver and at one time owned the V1 General and used Prolines exclusively and averaged about 20 shaves per blade so if your experience is like mine it will take a while to get through those blades...

Top Bottom