What's new

Colonial General V2 Revised

I just got the best shave of my life with a fresh Schick Proline and B&M Seville in my V2 General just now.

2 unbelievably smooth passes (across, against) and my face feels like squeaky polished glass in every direction.. Damn! Hoping I can reproduce this result because I’ve never had anything this smooth come with such little effort.

Just got the V2 a few days ago & got my blade sampler as well. It’s funny that the Proline did so well in this head because I didn’t really really care for this blade in the original Stainless General.

I find the V2 and B&M are pretty well matched. Mind you, I had an amazing shave with SV and a proline on its 4th shave the other day.

Keep us posted!

Never ever having used a SE , I ordered and Just received my SS General about 2 days ago and had a fantastic shave with a Proline.

Bought just a head for an ATT SE1, paired it on an old Ikon handle and paired it with Kai Captain mild from tryablade but was too tuggy: changed to Proline mid shave and found it a tab more blade feel than Colonial , and still a wonderful shave

Splurged and ordered a Blackbird Vector just so I could have a 3 SE rotation. ( could not restrain the temptation and sent the order at 1am this morning, and went to bed with visions of sugarplums in my head.

Things are getting "hairy" in the swamp so I might as well have fun while I can.

I have a general V2 and have enjoyed using it with feather pro blades. Same with my Paradigm SE which I really like.

I had always thought that they weren’t efficient enough and that the blade change would bring about a better shave.

having tried the super pro blade in the paradigm last week, it really transformed that razor and made it even better

today I tried the general V2 with a super pro blade. The blade changed the razor for me and made the shave soooo much better.

efficient, smooth, at the expense of more blade feel, but sooooo happy that I ended up getting the super pro blades

having used DE razors with different blades, I never really saw that they made loads of difference, but changing the blade in these two SE was definitely noticeable

My initial review of the V2 with the pro, was good and I’d recommend the razor, but with the super pro, the razor is fantastic

YMMV

It FORCED me to sell all my DEs. Then I bought the Diamondback and have kept it, but I’ve been leaning more to the General V2 lately. It’s that fantastic.

My fully polished General V2 is an absolutely killer razor. Between it and the Hawk 3 I have no need to look at another SE again.
7BF31942-53D3-442E-AC2C-77B321E919BE.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200619
20200619_152015~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial General V2, Timeless TRH6 Ti Handle
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (7)
Brush: Mondial 1908 Boar Tortoise Shell
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Clubman Osage Rub
Cologne: @OkieStubble Bootlegger's El Dorado

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

My respect for the Colonial General grows with each shave. Top tier razor!

Outstanding shave! :)

I am really looking forward to your thoughts on the Vector and how it compares to the General.
I own both a Vector and a Colonial General V2 and find the shaves roughly equivalent. I used to use Proline blades which last longer than Feathers, but am now a committed Feather Super user in my three AC razors. The shaves delivered by the Supers are wonderfully efficient (i.e. extremely close). My preference with the Feather Super blade is for the General first, because of the weight of the razor, followed by the Vector and finally the SS Hawk V3. The difference in shave quality between the three razors is minuscule ( i.e. roughly equivalent) and I enjoy using all three!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I own both a Vector and a Colonial General V2 and find the shaves roughly equivalent. I used to use Proline blades which last longer than Feathers, but am now a committed Feather Super user in my three AC razors. The shaves delivered by the Supers are wonderfully efficient (i.e. extremely close). My preference with the Feather Super blade is for the General first, because of the weight of the razor, followed by the Vector and finally the SS Hawk V3. The difference in shave quality between the three razors is minuscule ( i.e. roughly equivalent) and I enjoy using all three!

I have a Feather Super loaded up in the Vector for Tuesday's shave. Looking forward to this shave very much. :)

I had an aluminum General a couple years back so I purchased a Colonial General SS V1 when they were first introduced. I tried the razor with Feather Pros, Kai Milds, and Schick Prolines. Feather Pros were my favorite blade in the V1, the Prolines did not work for me at all. Overall I liked the razor, but eventually it went back in the drawer and went unused for the past year. I was toying with the idea of picking up a Blackland Vector...and still might some day...but I thought I'd dig the General SS V1 out and take it for a spin. I got a couple good shaves with a Feather Pro and realized I had never tried the General with a Feather Pro Super. I'm now 8 shaves in with a Super blade and have experienced 8 outstanding shaves. I'm so impressed I've got a General V2 head on order. What an outstanding razor!

I had an aluminum General a couple years back so I purchased a Colonial General SS V1 when they were first introduced. I tried the razor with Feather Pros, Kai Milds, and Schick Prolines. Feather Pros were my favorite blade in the V1, the Prolines did not work for me at all. Overall I liked the razor, but eventually it went back in the drawer and went unused for the past year. I was toying with the idea of picking up a Blackland Vector...and still might some day...but I thought I'd dig the General SS V1 out and take it for a spin. I got a couple good shaves with a Feather Pro and realized I had never tried the General with a Feather Pro Super. I'm now 8 shaves in with a Super blade and have experienced 8 outstanding shaves. I'm so impressed I've got a General V2 head on order. What an outstanding razor!
It really is an amazing blade in the General!

Among my AC blade razors, the stainless V1 General has emerged as my favorite. At times, I've thought the top of the heap was the Asylum RX, Mongoose, ATT SE2, Ikon MR SE or the Vector. After several recent shaves with the General, using a Feather Pro Super, I'm now convinced it's my favorite. The lack of blade feel, coupled with efficiency, and the ability to use a Pro Super, makes it most impressive. I enjoy the Asylum, but it's challenging unless I use a guarded blade. The Vector is just not efficient enough for me. The SE2 is close to the General, but not quite. I haven't tried a V2 General, but don't feel a need to.

Top Bottom