What's new

Colonial General V1

Received my CG v1 in the mail today from B&B member. Sanitized it, loaded a Proline and went to work. Absolutely no work required. This is a heavy razor but easy to use and easy to adjust to the proper angle and pressure. Great shave, closer and smoother than the Vector at less than half the price. However, the Vector is more maneuverable (smaller head footprint and much lighter).

This was such a good shave I am tempted to pick up the CG V2 (89g for V2 vs 120g for V1).

CG nice razor.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've heard great things about the General, and glad it's working so well for you too!!!

Colonial really nailed it the first time. I tried the Brass that had been plated over with a nice nickel finish...oooooooh boy!

+1 on v1 Brass General, love mine!

E540D78F-C934-4C0A-AAE8-74508E214DB3.jpeg

I have a brass v1 and really enjoy the shaves I get with it, but... I'd like to find a matching brass handle with more grip than the original. Any suggestions?

I have a brass v1 and really enjoy the shaves I get with it, but... I'd like to find a matching brass handle with more grip than the original. Any suggestions?

You can get the one I have here from WCS. Good grip and balance....

55531859-0796-433B-A260-C6AF1A5D6AB1.jpeg

I have the Aluminum version and for me it is the best head design I have tried. I prefer lighter Aluminum razors, so I am all set unless Colonial offers the V2 in Aluminum.
I even bought a second as a backup...

Yes sell the v1 brass to me.

How about a Timeless bronze scratch and dent, about $30.00

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I love my brass General. I should probably upgrade the handle sometime. I would like to try a V2 sometime also. Maybe there will be a Brass V2 someday? The nice thing about brass is it can tarnish but it can’t rust.

I love my brass General. I should probably upgrade the handle sometime. I would like to try a V2 sometime also. Maybe there will be a Brass V2 someday? The nice thing about brass is it can tarnish but it can’t rust.
I borrowed a friends for a while who’d had his Brass General nickel plated. Beautiful and easy maintenance!

I have a General SS V1 and really like it. When I have several days growth, it mows down the whiskers like nobody's business.

Top Bottom