What's new

Colognes with longevity and sillage

Hey All...

I'm always on the hunt for colognes with a good to great longevity and a fairly heavy sillage. If you know of any, please post on here.

***I DO KNOW ABOUT JOOP..........NO THANKS!!!!****

But I wouldn't mind ideas or suggestions on colognes that had that "kick" like Joop.

I guess all of the reformulation material that I've been reading is true....:mad3: I bought a new bottle of Fahrenheit and was very disappointed!!!! I remember back in the late 1980's to mid 90's when someone had this on, you could smell it several feet away.

My bottle I bought at Dillards........in about 45 minutes it was only a skin scent.

Yes I know about layering. I'm just wondering if there are some "power houses" out there any more???

Thanks!!

Niche or not, oils......it doesn't matter. I just want names so I can sample and perhaps buy them

Kouros, Knize ten, polo green, several Geurlain, tabac, English leather, Lapidus pour homme, one man show, zino.... All my favorites

I'd say Tom Ford Grey Vetiver and Creed GIT perform very well on me. My Aventus probably performs just as well but I find that the olfactory fatigue is pretty high.

Agua Brava, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, Tabac Original and Varon Dandy are my 4 most powerful colognes

Few that pop into my head...

MFK APOM
MFK Masculin Pluriel
Aventus
Mancera Cedrat Boise
Bond No 9 Scent of Peace for Him
Dior Vetiver

A lot of great ones mentioned already. What about Only the Brave, have you tried that? What is your age? I see that you are in OKC like me and so likely know that cologne projection is highly frowned upon here so what sort of projection and longevity are you looking for? Also what sort of scent are you looking to project?

proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Think I have 25+, and Grey Flannel seems to have the best hang time.

Luckily, I like it a lot.

AA

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I'd say Tom Ford Grey Vetiver and Creed GIT perform very well on me. My Aventus probably performs just as well but I find that the olfactory fatigue is pretty high.

Yes, both GIT and Grey Vetiver work great also. I usually use 2 sprays of GV and only 1 of GIT and it lasts very well. As for Aventus, the stuff really projects and is a compliment getter but it's just boring to me, lacking depth and smelling like a generic fragrance that has simply been made with the highest quality oils possible. I think of Aventus as a fragrance to bridge people over to high end and niche houses from the more common fragrances on the market since it is such an accessible fragrance.

I have clubman SR and Im getting poor longevity, could be a bad bottle, got it off Amazon.

Typically aftershaves don't get great longevity, colognes are a little better, EdT's are better yet and Eau de Parfum gets better longevity than all of them.

Think I have 25+, and Grey Flannel seems to have the best hang time.

Luckily, I like it a lot.

AA

I also like the Grey Flannel, and it has good longevity and sillage. I would add Kouros, Lapidus Pour Homme, Van Cleefe & Arpels Pour Homme...

There are many long lasting and "loud" perfumes. The cheapest I know is Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills. I can still smell it on my skin after 24 hours. Go easy on a trigger. More than a few sprays and you will clear the room.

Amouage Interlude Man (a.k.a. Blue Beast) is without a doubt the most powerful fragrance I have. It lasts 2 days on me.

Some others that you might try are:

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
YSL Kouros
Montale Black Aoud
Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady
Dior Leather Oud

These were chosen just for longevity and sillage. I'm not sure what type of scent you like (floral, leather, gourmand, woodsy, etc.), so my suggestions are all over the map, but they are definitely all very long lasting.

Finally tried Hammam Bouquet today.
Big,masculine rose wood oud bomb.
Very old school, not for any millenial or faint of heart!

$image.jpg

Top Bottom