What's new

Cologne For Bay Rum Lovers?

That fecal comment is a little bizarre IMO

I think it's a pretty common descriptor for a certain note in fragrance. You hear civet too. Check out basenotes and they'll be a million threads about it. Not a big fan myself, although I like Jicky when my wife wears it.

That fecal comment is a little bizarre IMO

It's been a long standing complaint by some on here about C&S Cuba - so mentioning it is somewhere between an inside joke and a real warning. For sure Cuba isn't a safe blind buy. But it has some strong Bay Rum roots and thus meets the OPs request. And for me, it's a great rich, re-interpretation of what a Bay Rum can be.

There are lots of notes in perfumery that walk a balancing act between beautiful/sexy and gross/repulsive. You'll find lots of fragrances that have both enthusiastic fans and strident critics who scream about smells of body odor, urine, feces, or unwashed knickers. Smells and their associations are very personal - sometimes very personal.

Idole by Lubin is kind of high end bay rum style scent. But be careful, I know the "bay rum guys" are very finicky.

Ill often wear it with Clubman Bay Rum AS.

my wife got me a bottle of burt's bees bay rum cologne a few years back. don't know if they still make it but it always gets compliments.

Can anybody let me know if 'Saint Charles Shave' ships via post office or a commercial carrier?
Thanks in advance

Received Gilbert Henry As and Cologne combo. Love it. Great bay rum smell that is smooth and not too sweet, and a nice citrus tone to it. You can definitely notice the citrus in it which I like. For reference I like captains choice, pinaud clubman, but highly dislike ogallala.

my wife got me a bottle of burt's bees bay rum cologne a few years back. don't know if they still make it but it always gets compliments.
I think I read that it was discontinued. I have searched on eBay but their are a ton of new unopened ones so I think it may be a newer version. But I heard that original was really something.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum cologne is excellent. You could always try PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum cologne and Stirling Bay Rum edt.

Lubin Idole, Aramis Havana, and Bigelow Bay Rum, all mentioned upthread, are outstanding. I also really liked Meehan/Bonny Doon bay rum cologne when it was still affordable. The price has gotten silly due to the use of natural ingredients that are, at present, in short supply and high demand.

Top Bottom