What's new

Cologne bomb

Not a good morning today. While shaving, my elbow hit a brand-new bottle of T&H 1805 cologne, which proceeded to hit the tile floor in a massive explosion of glass. Real nice. Then I stepped on a piece of glass - ouch. I then realized that I was trapped in the bathroom by a pool of cologne and glass. I got a running start, jumped over it, and smashed my forearm against the doorjamb, giving myself a huge bruise, and wrenching my back at the same time. :scared:

Someone please make me feel better by sharing your shaving disasters.

Well, early in my short DE shaving career, i took a brand new merkur HD and a brand new feather super duper platinum blade then proceeded to take a huge divot out of my nostril, about the size of a frozen pea. It bled fast and hard, all over everthing, shower curtain, towels, floor, sink. It looked like i field-dressed a deer in the bathroom by the time i got the bleeding under control. I purchased a shower mirror that day.

Scotto said:
Not a good morning today. While shaving, my elbow hit a brand-new bottle of T&H 1805 cologne, which proceeded to hit the tile floor in a massive explosion of glass. Real nice. Then I stepped on a piece of glass - ouch. I then realized that I was trapped in the bathroom by a pool of cologne and glass. I got a running start, jumped over it, and smashed my forearm against the doorjamb, giving myself a huge bruise, and wrenching my back at the same time. :scared:

Scotto,
Is your life insurance paid up? Good grief, get some of that bourbon to heal the wound! (A double shot is a good start.) Damnation, what a horrid way to start Friday.. :confused:
Added:
Here's hoping the weekend is better for you.

I used an Atra for 27 years...does that count? Sorry to hear about the cut and bruise, however, be glad you didn't knock over a bottle of Hi Karate! I was in a dorm where that happened, and the "aroma" infiltrated the ENTIRE building...YUCK!

Randy

Scotto said:

Wow.... that would certainly **** me off my friend. Just thank the lords it wasn't a bottle of Creed or Penhaligons - as then it would be even MORE painful to replace! I feel for ya brotherman. Gotta say... thus far (knock on wood) the biggest mishap I have had was whilst decanting a bottle of Taylors shaving shop, I managed to overflow the atomizer, then drop the bottle, which spilled about 1/4 bottle of shaving shop all over my mousepad, and carpet. If you have smelled shaving shop cologne.... you know it is some potent stuff - so it was awfully "smelly" in my room for some time!

sounds like something out of Saturday Night Live.....the chevy chase-julia child routine...

OOOOHHH where is my stypic stick...i'm bleeeeedding.....where is it......still bleeeeeding bad....

:lol:

mark tssb

I suppose you can be happy with the fact that you have a bathroom that gives you space to have running room to hurdle over the mess. Mine is like a closet not much larger than a airplane lavatory.

Thanks for the kind words all. I guess I'll have to find a replacement for the 1805, which I really like. Perhaps since summer is over, I can wait for a bit while I stock up on more wintery scents.

My bathroom still smells quite potent more than 12 hours later....

Scotto said:
Thanks for the kind words all. I guess I'll have to find a replacement for the 1805, which I really like. Perhaps since summer is over, I can wait for a bit while I stock up on more wintery scents.

My bathroom still smells quite potent more than 12 hours later....

If you want something cheap that has a clean fresh scent go to marshalls and pick up some ZIRH cologne...reminded me of 1805

gage0921 said:
If you want something cheap that has a clean fresh scent go to marshalls and pick up some ZIRH cologne...reminded me of 1805

Dangit!! I WAS JUST AT MARSHALLS YESTERDAY!! 1805 is one of my favorites.

Scotto said:

Hey Scotto, this isn't a disaster, but its still pretty gross. A couple of weeks back, I had an ingrown hair on the neck (or maybe it was just some kind of huge zit), anyhow, the thing looked like a volcanoe ready to explode -- I mean it was huge, I even thought of giving it a name. I was patient, however... I didn't poke it, prod it, or even touch it. I just gave it time so it could heal. So, after about a week, one morning I had just lathered my face with some Taylor's St. James Cream, great stuff, and was going to take some cream off the volcanoe so as to remember not to shave over it. I got distracted by something, and forgot. Then, with my Gillette DE on 9 and a fresh merkur blade, I proceeded to lop that sucker right off -- just like it was under the guillotine -- oh man, it bled like hell and looked worse. :scared: Oh well, it'll go away, eventually.

RVG

reginald-van-gleason said:
Hey Scotto, this isn't a disaster, but its still pretty gross. A couple of weeks back, I had an ingrown hair on the neck (or maybe it was just some kind of huge zit), anyhow, the thing looked like a volcanoe ready to explode -- I mean it was huge, I even thought of giving it a name. I was patient, however... I didn't poke it, prod it, or even touch it. I just gave it time so it could heal. So, after about a week, one morning I had just lathered my face with some Taylor's St. James Cream, great stuff, and was going to take some cream off the volcanoe so as to remember not to shave over it. I got distracted by something, and forgot. Then, with my Gillette DE on 9 and a fresh merkur blade, I proceeded to lop that sucker right off -- just like it was under the guillotine -- oh man, it bled like hell and looked worse. :scared: Oh well, it'll go away, eventually.

RVG

Wow, that's gross. Thanks for sharing.... :001_rolle

i was debating the use of a str8 razor with my other half and a friend, and they both thought i was a complete lunatic. i tried to point out to them the great shave that i got, and when i turned way, my girlfriend said "hey, is that an X on your face?"

i was pretty embarassed. i didn't know i had put a treasure map on my left cheek that morning...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

RVG

I wonder if that ever went away after all?? :001_rolle

Scotto

hows this? It could have been worse. you could have slipped when trying to vault the mine field, and landed on your back in the glass and cologne!:eek:
Knocked the wind out of yourself and be forced to gasp for breath, while the only breath to be had was 200 proof 1805:w00t: now that would have been bad. You did ok.

Scotto,

That 1805 is the devil.

I have a bottle of the balm and the cologne hidden in my car. Yes, it's true. Hidden from the wrath of SWMBO. (She is going to be really confused if she ever actually SMELLS Proraso ASB...)

3 weeks ago I was applying a little ASB while driving (I know, I know) and dropped the ASB bottle onto a cup of coffee in my cupholder, demolishing one of her favourite (matching set type!) coffee mugs, and putting a chip in the stupid shaving balm bottle.

The 1805 survived. The mug - not so much ...

Now you're making me wish my bathroom smelled like 1805, instead of my car smelling like 10 week old Maxwell House...

No one can beat a shave disaster who happened to a friend of mine...:confused:

Shaving with his str8 at shower, it slipped from the hands...he tried to catch it in flight (kind of Pavlov reflex...)...cut his hand's finger deeply, the blade in the flight made a nice curve, hit the tub, going to cut deeply too his foot tiny toe...:mad: Result: 3 sutures in each finger and two little scars!!

But who in the h..l has the fine idea to shave in the shower...?? Well he did!! Nice job you got there!!!:frown:

I managed to not quite so surgically remove a mole on the back of my head that has been there almost all of my life. It was one of those big puffy ones... was...

I was buzzing down my head with the clippers and caught the edge with one of the prongs and tore it almost clean off of my head. Just felt the pull more than anything. Reached up to see what I caught and found a hanging chunk of flesh. One quick tug tyo remove the leftovers and then a quick compress with gauze and betadine for me. That sucker bled for 3 hours. I managed a quick compression bandange for it via more gauze and then a ball cap to hold it in place. :)

Top Bottom