What's new

College Football

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I remember watching the Rose Bowl some years ago with a group of guys that included a Harvard alum. Everyone was slagging this guy about the Ivy League and "Harvard's tough out of conference schedule this year- you had to play at Holy Cross and at Colgate." Our friend took it in stride, and when everyone was finished he said "You want to know why Harvard isn't playing for the national championship in football? I'll tell you. We're not playing for the national championship because we've chosen not to play for the national championship. If winning the national championship in football was important to Harvard you can be assured that we'd win it every year, gentlemen."

Auburn has an advantage this year: Saban is sick. At least he's Covid positive.
Obviously it is causing him to have hallucinations.
E773541B-75DD-495C-BE44-4CCA5312929A.jpeg

Owen Bawn

Did you see that Longhorn game, @TexOkie Shaver? What a dreadful coaching job, going for it on 4th down instead of taking the points and then managing the clock terribly on the last Texas possession. This loss is all on the coaches.

Did you see that Longhorn game, @TexOkie Shaver? What a dreadful coaching job, going for it on 4th down instead of taking the points and then managing the clock terribly on the last Texas possession. This loss is all on the coaches.
Yes, and I was so aggravated I started talking about our next coach. He surely watched the Dallas game yesterday and saw how it turned out for them. The kids deserve better coaching than that.

I heard today that Gundy’s job at OSU might be in jeopardy. They would be idiots to let him get away. I’d be happy to see him in Austin.

I know Mike Gundy is a home grown product, but he can never get them over the hump. He would be ground to dust in the SEC. Why don't they play the big boys?

I know Mike Gundy is a home grown product, but he can never get them over the hump. He would be ground to dust in the SEC. Why don't they play the big boys?
Who knows why the Big 12 does anything. Notice that the SEC has their own TV channels, as does the Big 10, but the Big 12 only has the Longhorn Network and its a joke. They continue to play a style of football that plays well to the home fans, so long as they play each other, but once they get paired up in the championship games with someone outside the conference, they disappear quickly. I can see the Big 12 dissolving soon.

Owen Bawn

Who knows why the Big 12 does anything. Notice that the SEC has their own TV channels, as does the Big 10, but the Big 12 only has the Longhorn Network and its a joke. They continue to play a style of football that plays well to the home fans, so long as they play each other, but once they get paired up in the championship games with someone outside the conference, they disappear quickly. I can see the Big 12 dissolving soon.
Would you be happy if Mack came back from NC? You guys all thought he underachieved at Austin. Personally I think he'll retire from Chapel Hill.

Top Bottom