What's new

College Football

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Yay, LSU won!

L1S.jpg
L2s.jpg

The REAL Tigers are the GOAT. Beat 7 top ten teams and the preseason #1, #2, #3 and #4. Geaux Tigahs!

Attachments

• DF4FBF5C-4436-4E4C-8476-F92017149AAE.jpeg
    DF4FBF5C-4436-4E4C-8476-F92017149AAE.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Are we going to have a season or not ?
I SO want to say more, but it would violate the terms of use I'm afraid. So in one word: I do not believe we will see college football or basketball in the upcoming season(s). Ugh.

FarmerTan

I SO want to say more, but it would violate the terms of use I'm afraid. So in one word: I do not believe we will see college football or basketball in the upcoming season(s). Ugh.
Lol, one werd? Was supposed to be: no.

My guess is yes; but a modified season. If not, we got to be undefeated champs for two years. But, really, we need to play.

FarmerTan

Only way I see it happening is in empty stadiums.

But if Kollege is Kancelled in the Fall except for Homeskooling, can they play sports?

I think not, too many school districts (elementary-high school) are struggling to figure out if/how to get students back in the clasroom, so I doubt college football can be played without it getting politicized. Every player who tests positive will be another news story.

I know it would be awkward but spring football ? If this is the case its going to be a looooong fall. Will the bowl games be a viable option ? Heisman? Play offs ?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Absolutely not. Asking those young men to put themselves in that position, without pay, just so we can get our rocks off is absurd and would be shameful.

Prudent or not, I imagine most of these college athletes would rather play. Granting them another year of eligibility clogs up the pipeline and sidelines someone else, while letting them play likely exposes the colleges to liability. Let's hope there is an effective vaccine soon, and that the news frenzy will calm down.

Are we going to have a season or not ?
I fear we won’t. As the COVID cases spike in the south I think it’s only a matter of time before they spike again everywhere. This virus is acting just like the Spanish Flu did. Flurry in the spring followed by not so much in the summer and then an all out pandemic the following fall. I think the colleges will likely shut down all sports.

I have seen a historical photo of fans in the stands during the Spanish Flu. They we wearing masks and it was not crowded but the did have games. I can be done.

Top Bottom