What's new

College Football

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Amen.

A few years ago I went to see the MSU ladies play basketball.

Hardly anyone there.

East Lansing isn't famous for even getting a full house for football if it's too windy or cold or wet or etc....

But I believe you are right.

Harbaugh, I believe, is headed for the door at Michigan. NFL is a hard gig to get.

No one has loyalty anymore to traditions. And the idea of east coast teams and west coast teams being in the B1G is ridiculous.

I'm almost to my breaking point as far as sports go. I'm already ONLY addicted to March Madness. Lol, maybe I'm just old!
When they drive BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Army, and Navy out do they really think we're all going to become Mississippi State or Tennessee fans? Nope. We have the Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bills, Eagles, Steelers, and Redskins. We really don't need 'Bama or the Buckeyes. And without our eyeballs, their tv money goes away.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
When they drive BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Army, and Navy out do they really think we're all going to become Mississippi State or Tennessee fans? Nope. We have the Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bills, Eagles, Steelers, and Redskins. We really don't need 'Bama or the Buckeyes. And without our eyeballs, their tv money goes away.
Lol, my mom loves the Lions so I told her the other day I would be watching them next year. If you are born in Michigan it's inevitable that you loveANDhate the Detroit teams. Kinda almost as bad as being a Boston fan. Or Chicago.

I grew up loving the 'Skins. They were tough, plus I hate Dallas. And Michiganders have to have a "backup team" because the Lions WILL break your heart.

But now I have to love the Lions again because of their coach. Anyone that talks about how our guys need to be biting off kneecaps in THIS woke climate has my undying support.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Last 2 Natty's play today..jpeg

Go, Dawgs!Old Fashioned Uga Dawg cartoon 640..jpg

Today is June the 26th and Kirk Herstreit thinks Alabama may win it all this year. How can he think this now in June. I hope he's right. However this pic might be a bit premature. Hope his son will get well soon.

Today is June the 26th and Kirk Herstreit thinks Alabama may win it all this year. How can he think this now in June. I hope he's right. However this pic might be a bit premature. Hope his son will get well soon.
Bama is a safe choice I am sure they are loaded in every position.
QB might be the biggest question.
Good luck.
My Bucks also have a QB question. But most media are concerned about OL.
Made a trip to Michigan could not miss this picture opportunity.

Attachments

• image000000(2).jpg
    image000000(2).jpg
    874.5 KB · Views: 7

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
HerbKickstreet is usually wrong, but this time he's right. Alabama may win it this year. _______ may win it this year would also be right.

Me, I don't look ahead. It's a one game at a time season. Preparation is key. My team is practicing and preparing not just to beat one team, but to beat every team. That's worked out well for them the last two seasons, but this is a brand new season we are facing. I believe my Dawgs will be prepared, will show up, will be competitive, and will have a chance to win every game they play. That's all I ask.

Go, Dawgs!

HerbKickstreet is usually wrong, but this time he's right. Alabama may win it this year. _______ may win it this year would also be right.

Me, I don't look ahead. It's a one game at a time season. Preparation is key. My team is practicing and preparing not just to beat one team, but to beat every team. That's worked out well for them the last two seasons, but this is a brand new season we are facing. I believe my Dawgs will be prepared, will show up, will be competitive, and will have a chance to win every game they play. That's all I ask.

Go, Dawgs!
The dawgs are talented for sure, but could they “Climb THE ROCK” if they ever met?🍺🏈

1687868333908.jpeg

Go, Dawgs!
Jim, you hit the nail on the head. There aren't any push overs in the SEC. That's why everybody wants in so they can all say ( we play the big boys ) this year. And just wait to 2024. But, thats' a long way off.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Go, Dawgs!
Well said. MSU prepared this way with Dantonio, and he built a good team with 3 star recruits for years.

You win games in practice.

I grew up in the shadow of Ohio Stadium and went to Ohio State and then worked there for 33 years so it's hard for me not to be at least somewhat of an Ohio State Buckeye fan despite the fact my main interest by far is the NFL when it comes to football.
This should be an interesting year in Columbus. Despite its annual dominance of the Big Ten and its ability to churn out top-rated NFL-ready talent year after year, many feel that Ryan Day still hasn't filled the huge shoes planted by Urban Meyer (who then proceeded to destroy himself in one of the worst examples of ego ever displayed).
Day is considered to be an offensive genius and having watched virtually every game he's coached here, who am I to argue? He's turned out some of the best quarterbacks OSU has ever produced. And yet ...
And yet we've lost to Michigan two years running. Embarrassingly, I might add. Pushed all over the field. Dominated. And that is unacceptable. And now with another QB, CJ Stroud, shipped off to the NFL, that position is wide open and there are a lot of question marks at key positions. In addition, OSU's defense has been less than stellar for a long time and needs a good tweaking.
So we'll see what happens. It should be interesting.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
One never knows. Anybody can on any given Saturday beat anybody.

That said, I'm pretty pleased with what I hear out of Athens and from Kirby Smart.

Go, Dawgs!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Looks like Tennessee is in deep kimchi. They were fined more than $8 million for over 200 infractions in football program. All of the infractions occurred under the previous coach.
As a lifetime Vol fan I was actually relieved by the penalty they received. This has been looming over the program since Heupel took over and he’s had to deal with it in recruiting since day 1 - a constant barrage of coaches from other programs telling recruits to avoid Tennessee because it would receive a postseason ban or worse. That’s not to say this is a toothless punishment: $8 million is lot of money and the scholarship reductions will hurt walk-on players that would normally earn a scholarship. The administration at Tennessee cooperated fully with the NCAA from the outset and I believe that paid off. The coaches involved were punished much more harshly than the coaches and players currently in place. They’ll have a tougher than normal path ahead of them, but easier than the one they’ve faced the last couple years.

As a lifetime Vol fan I was actually relieved by the penalty they received. This has been looming over the program since Heupel took over and he’s had to deal with it in recruiting since day 1 - a constant barrage of coaches from other programs telling recruits to avoid Tennessee because it would receive a postseason ban or worse. That’s not to say this is a toothless punishment: $8 million is lot of money and the scholarship reductions will hurt walk-on players that would normally earn a scholarship. The administration at Tennessee cooperated fully with the NCAA from the outset and I believe that paid off. The coaches involved were punished much more harshly than the coaches and players currently in place. They’ll have a tougher than normal path ahead of them, but easier than the one they’ve faced the last couple years.
Heupel has impressed me, so far. He has built a ruined team from the rubble he was left with. He did this with grace and grit and overcame the illegal things the previous coaches did. Good man.

Tennessee is going in the right direction and I look for them to win the national championship in a few years. They might even win the SEC in the next two.

Heupel has impressed me, so far. He has built a ruined team from the rubble he was left with. He did this with grace and grit and overcame the illegal things the previous coaches did. Good man.

Tennessee is going in the right direction and I look for them to win the national championship in a few years. They might even win the SEC in the next two.
I agree completely about Heupel. Handles himself with professionalism and integrity and can just flat-out coach. He is exactly what was needed.

The program is indeed trending in the right direction and has quickly risen to top 10 caliber. I don’t kid myself too much, though. The talent gap between the top 3-5 programs and the rest of the top 10 is huge and it’s going to take a number of years to bridge that gap. It took Kirby several years to build the roster he has and now that he’s got that machine rolling it won’t be stopped quickly. Things like NIL and the transfer portal are certainly helping, but to really compete for the national championship it’s going to take several back to back top 5 classes built around high school recruits.

Top Bottom