What's new

College Football

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Clearly if Saban came to UT whatever their hangup is would be addressed, but since that is not likely, I can just enjoy watching 'Bama. Having no allegiance to a football power is kind of liberating. I did a portion of my JD at UW, but since I was only a Husky in the summer I never really got into that team.

Just get Saban to Austin...
Never happen. Texas can’t throw enough money at Saban to get him to move. He has a sweet deal where he is.

I love UT, but I am frustrated that they can’t find a coach that can get the job done. Then when they seem to have found the right guy, the boosters throw a hissy fit and get the guy fired. But I guess that goes on everywhere, except Alabama and Oklahoma.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Never happen. Texas can’t throw enough money at Saban to get him to move. He has a sweet deal where he is.

I love UT, but I am frustrated that they can’t find a coach that can get the job done. Then when they seem to have found the right guy, the boosters throw a hissy fit and get the guy fired. But I guess that goes on everywhere, except Alabama and Oklahoma.
How far can they throw a hissy fit? Is this a new Olympic sport?
Not everyone can be pleased all the time, or even part of the time, especially boosters.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have to post this photo at least 3 times a year. A Texas team featuring a backfield of Earl Campbell, Johnny 'Ham' Jones, and Jonny 'Lam' Jones. BC held Campbell to 23 yards rushing.
Texas_76_Scoreboard.jpg

Longtime Austin sports radio host Bucky Godbolt had a great night for BC.

How far can they throw a hissy fit? Is this a new Olympic sport?
Not everyone can be pleased all the time, or even part of the time, especially boosters.
A hissy fit is a southern temper tantrum. I agree with your evaluation of the boosters. Unfortunately, the preside Of the school pays a lot of attention to them.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile

UT and the Cowboys both have "owners" who think they are smarter about caching than the best coaches.

I have to post this photo at least 3 times a year. A Texas team featuring a backfield of Earl Campbell, Johnny 'Ham' Jones, and Jonny 'Lam' Jones. BC held Campbell to 23 yards rushing.
View attachment 1303804

Longtime Austin sports radio host Bucky Godbolt had a great night for BC.
Why do you live in the past,those years are gone, gone. Boston College ran their course in sports. I understand that you are alumni. However the glory years are never to return. Pull for a real football team like Alabama. Progressive, point of the spear always evolving ,champions.

Just in - Alabama with coach Saban lead the first Super conference. SEC is where are major programs want to be. Tested each weekend . Roll Tide Its a new world in college football. It's the SEC or bust. The best of the best.

Owen Bawn

Why do you live in the past,those years are gone, gone. Boston College ran their course in sports. I understand that you are alumni. However the glory years are never to return. Pull for a real football team like Alabama. Progressive, point of the spear always evolving ,champions.
A former colleague trains future school psychologists at Tuscaloosa, and a friend of ours is the assistant head softball coach at Alabama. Sorry, but that's as close as I'll ever get. I agree with you that when it comes to football, Alabama and BC are worlds apart.

Think about this for a minute. When Texas and Oklahoma start playing in the SEC every saturday is going to be like a bowl game ? We may have to start building bigger stadiums !

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Why do you live in the past,those years are gone, gone....

:biggrin: ..I guess an Alabama fan could never be accused of "living in the past", correct? ;)

What was that coaches name that you all had who came from Kentucky and A&M, the one that wore that hat?....
I mean, I've never heard Alabama fans bring up that guy :wink:

Last edited:
:biggrin: ..I guess an Alabama fan could never be accused of "living in the past", correct? ;)

What was that coaches name that you all had who came from Kentucky and A&M, the one that wore that hat?....
Not 25 years in the past.

Owen Bawn

He accuses me of 'living in the past' because he knows that BC has an overall winning record vs Alabama, which few teams can claim. In fact, 'Bama hasn't beaten BC since 1943.

He accuses me of 'living in the past' because he knows that BC has an overall winning record vs Alabama, which few teams can claim. In fact, 'Bama hasn't beaten BC since 1943.
B.C could schedule Bama. But they want,because they would get a near death experience plus a but giant but whipping. Owen, just hang on to the Patriots, with Alabamas all-american ( Matt Jones ) leading the way. B.C. for ever Bru-Rah.

Top Bottom