What's new

College Football

iur3.jpg

USF. The University of South Florida Bulls....they could go undefeated, have the 2018 Heismann winner on the roster, rush over 500 yards a game, pass for twice that, score 50+ points a game, hook onto Bear Bryant risen from the grave as head coach, and have Nick Saban along with Knute Rockne (also doing a Lazarus imitation) as Offensive/Defensive Co-ordinators...........
And still not find their way in the NCAA AP Top 25 Rankings.
Well, I guess being in that half-baked conference they’re stuck in doesn’t help really. But really...4-0 and no joy? Sigh.....
Well, let’s see what happens in a few hours. Maybe Bear and Knute will smile down upon Coach Strong and the boys..one can only hope

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Is it just me, or did both Penn State and Ohio State look over ranked last night?

Hard to say. That's the thing. Don't know whose really good until near the end. Maybe they're both top ten teams. Maybe neither is. The other thing is teams grow during the season, at least some teams do. Other teams regress during the season with injuries or locker room squabbles or coaching discord or whatever. I'm sure you know all that, but I sometimes forget.

But, yes, I thought both looked over ranked and my wife did too.

Big Dawg.jpeg

Speaking of talented young teams in a growth process.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Edit: Ragin Cajuns. Not La.Tech. My apologies.

When I was in high school in New Orleans I remember visiting Lafayette to see my friend at Southwestern and for debate team competition, etc. What we called Southwestern (a directional school for sure as there was also Southeastern and Northeastern and Northwestern) is now named the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, but the football world seems to refer to it as Louisiana.

Personally I find that confusing. The other Louisiana directional schools are still identified by directions. Why is Southwestern exempt? I have no idea and am too lazy to look up the history, but it's still just Southwestern to me.

BTW, back in the day, Southwestern was the coolest of the party schools and yet still a decent place to get an education. Part of its coolness was location.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Is it just me, or did both Penn State and Ohio State look over ranked last night?
I watched that game last night and find it difficult believing either team hanging with 3 or 4 of the best teams from the SEC. Clemson may be in a pickle with their back-up hurt. I hope the kid can bounce back this coming weekend.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sad day in East Lansing. Lots of injury issues before the game, plenty of broken hearts after, ouch.

Many upsets yesterday..
Dawgs getting shellacked was not expected.
Speaking of dogs...

E28D1839-EBAD-4B08-A496-C43F6F918C2A.jpeg

The howl from Rocky Top was heard all the way to Auburn and back.
Good job Vols!!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
How about Purdue giving it to Ohio State? That was a shocker. I suppose Urban should have looked into the concept of run defense before yesterday.

Top Bottom