What's new

Collection update 2022

Collection update 2022

• 2022 is about to end and what a year it has been in terms of collecting. I have been very fortunate to come by some spectacular opportunities which I'm very grateful for.
  • That being said it has required quite a lot of work to get to this state, but I couldn't be happier about the result and it has all been worth it.
  • Needless to say I'm very proud of the collection and the enjoyment is the same everyday when I look at those cabinets full of history.
  • But 2023 is just around the corner and although realistically it won't get to the level of 2022 I still have high expectations. Exciting razors will hopefully show up and I will be ready for the hunt!
  • Thanks to all who have helped along the way and I wish you all a good start to the new year.

IMG_2270.jpeg
IMG_2271.jpeg
IMG_2272.jpeg
IMG_2273.jpeg
IMG_2274.jpeg
IMG_2276.jpeg
IMG_2278.jpeg
IMG_2279.jpeg
IMG_2281.jpeg

Collection update 2022

• 2022 is about to end and what a year it has been in terms of collecting. I have been very fortunate to come by some spectacular opportunities which I'm very grateful for.
  • That being said it has required quite a lot of work to get to this state, but I couldn't be happier about the result and it has all been worth it.
  • Needless to say I'm very proud of the collection and the enjoyment is the same everyday when I look at those cabinets full of history.
  • But 2023 is just around the corner and although realistically it won't get to the level of 2022 I still have high expectations. Exciting razors will hopefully show up and I will be ready for the hunt!
  • Thanks to all who have helped along the way and I wish you all a good start to the new year.

View attachment 1579891View attachment 1579892View attachment 1579893View attachment 1579894View attachment 1579895View attachment 1579896View attachment 1579897View attachment 1579898View attachment 1579899
Great collection! Thanks for sharing the photos. You also are preserving the history of an iconic manufactured product.

Impressive collection. How did you find all those specimens?

You could use a different razor for each day of the year I would bet.

Impressive collection. How did you find all those specimens?

You could use a different razor for each day of the year I would bet.
Thanks!

By searching pretty much everywhere 🙂

I would say that majority of my collection is from the US and UK, but some of them I have managed to find in Europe(I live in Denmark myself). So I have also bought razors from Deutschland, France, Spain and Italy. eBay is the primary source, but I have found razors on national second hand sites and Facebook Marketplace too. Plus I have bought some razors from other collectors although only a few.

If you look at the pictures a little extra you can see that I actually have quite a lot of the same razor models, but just in different cases and maybe plating. Furthermore I only have about 100 razors in total, so I can't really get that many different shaves 🙂

That is a totally awesome collection. It is so hard to believe that you not only have these razors but cases and paperwork that are in such pristine condition after all these many years.

The average person out there has been shaving with that plastic cartridge crap for so long that they have never seen or unable to imagine the stunning quality and grandeur of razors from times long past. Modern day jewelry is seldom showcased in so grand a manner. These show cases are positively stunning.

Then you need 265 more. Seriously, that is a beautiful collection, so many nice Gillettes. Congratulations!
It's looking pretty good so far, but you are totally correct. I need more razors 🙂

I can't wait for what 2023 will bring. Hopefully a lot of exciting ones 🤞🏼
That is a totally awesome collection. It is so hard to believe that you not only have these razors but cases and paperwork that are in such pristine condition after all these many years.

The average person out there has been shaving with that plastic cartridge crap for so long that they have never seen or unable to imagine the stunning quality and grandeur of razors from times long past. Modern day jewelry is seldom showcased in so grand a manner. These show cases are positively stunning.
Thanks!

I do have a few NOS/pristine specimens, but most of the sets are just well cleaned/polished which is something I take great pride in. To me that makes a big difference when I look at the cabinets everyday.

I very much think of my collection as art and present it all as nice as possible. I plan on keeping these historic pieces for a while 🙂

Very nice growing collection. The force (RAD) is strong with this one. I though I was hooked but no comparison.

Btw where is the bell tube Aristocrat?

Very nice growing collection. The force (RAD) is strong with this one. I though I was hooked but no comparison.

Btw where is the bell tube Aristocrat?
Thanks!

I can say that it's for sure a strong force that's behind the deep desire to keep finding these historic pieces 🙂

Are you referring to this model?: http://mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Old Type/1916 Aristocrat bell tube handle.JPG

If yes, then I would very much like to have one of those in the collection since it's the first 'Aristocrat' and I like the old ivory design.

I haven't managed to find a decent specimen yet, but hopefully with time 🤞🏼

Very impressive collection - not only for what you have but also the fine condition of the razors and the beautiful way you have displayed them. Congratulations. Don’t listen to all the enablers here, quality is more important than quantity. You can afford to be very selective about anything else you add to your already outstanding collection.

Last edited:
Very impressive collection - not only for what you have but also the fine condition of the razors and the beautiful way you have displayed them. Congratulations. Don’t listen to all the enablers here, quality is more important than quantity. You can afford to be very selective about anything else you add to your already outstanding collection.
Thank you very much. I'm also quite happy about my collection so far. But the good thing is that there are so many more exciting razor models to hunt for, so the journey continues in 2023 🥳

Nice collection. I’m going the other way. Downsizing. 😎
I might also do that in the future, who knows, but that thought is VERY far away as of now.

Had it only been a question of finding a razor that could provide a decent shave I could pretty much pick anyone of them and use that for the rest of my life. But to me this hobby is so much more.

I find the history about these razors interesting. It reminds me of a more simple time. I like to think back at how I was able to find a specific razor. Some of them are quite cool mechanic wise etc.

And ultimately since I have spent so much time cleaning and restoring them I think they look quite beautiful when displayed in my cabinets. Pure art which is very pleasing to look at. At least I haven't gotten tired of looking at them daily yet 🙂

Top Bottom