What's new

Collecting and Regret

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I guess I’m the opposite....

I don’t regret selling anything. But there are a few things I regret not buying when I had the chance.

While not a collection in itself, it could have been part of one.
I drank a bottle of Wild Turkey that was age 10 years that, if I still had it unopened, could get me a round trip ticket to Hawaii during high season.
It's been sixteen years since I finished off that bottle and I wish I could have just one more sip of it. No regrets here since it was ment to be enjoyed.

Never been a great collector, although I do have a box full of Rush T shirts, most of which have inexplicably shrunk and no longer fit. I really should bin them (but I won't).

When I was a kid I used to buy Matchbox toy cars and I would experiment how much destructive force was required to smash them up: we lived in a small village, there were only 3 channels on TV and I hadn't discovered masturbation... we had to make our own entertainment. Nowadays, those toys would be worth a lot of money so with hindsight, it's a bit of a regret.

Never been a great collector, although I do have a box full of Rush T shirts, most of which have inexplicably shrunk and no longer fit. I really should bin them (but I won't).

When I was a kid I used to buy Matchbox toy cars and I would experiment how much destructive force was required to smash them up: we lived in a small village, there were only 3 channels on TV and I hadn't discovered masturbation... we had to make our own entertainment. Nowadays, those toys would be worth a lot of money so with hindsight, it's a bit of a regret.
Reminds me of my brother who used to build elaborate armored tank models and blow/burn them up.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Most of my collecting regrets are due to 20/20 hindsight. I wish I hadn't bought this and had bought that ...

Most of my collecting regrets are due to 20/20 hindsight. I wish I hadn't bought this and had bought that ...
Yep, $100 of steak taste a heck of a lot better than $100 of toilet paper!
Just jesting, I think most of us has gone through this at least once in their life.
My worst experience with this was when my cats got fleas. By the time I finally decided to shell out the money for the most expensive, yet effective the first go around, I could bought it 3 times over on what I spent on cheaper to good to be true solutions. Unless things have improved in the last 8 years, the word natural is a clear giveaway that it won't get rid of the fleas!

Top Bottom