What's new

Coldest menthol aftershave?

The coldest I've tried is from WSP. They offer all of their splashes mentholated or non-mentholated. They definitely don't skimp on the menthol!!

Is Arctique really that much colder? The reason i started this thread was because i kind of assumed you couldn’t get any colder than Cold Fusion because menthol crystals were floating around undissolved in it. I’ve always heard that cryogen and cold fusion were around the same strength. I’ll be honest, cold fusion may be my limit. It borders on that sensation where you can’t distinguish if it’s cold or hot. But i’ll be honest, i’d love to see if there’s a “next level.”
I was just being a bit cheeky. Cryogen is cold, for sure! While I did find Arctique to be colder than Cryogen, I don't really know if it was "next level" or anything. That being said, I can use Cryogen at will, but Arctique did pose a challenge each and every time I used it. The real upside to Arctique was the fragrance. It was much nicer than the other uber-mentholated soaps and aftershaves. It had a nice "rounded" mint scent, as opposed to the more common Vick's Vaporub vibe that others have. RIP Arctique!

I was just being a bit cheeky. Cryogen is cold, for sure! While I did find Arctique to be colder than Cryogen, I don't really know if it was "next level" or anything. That being said, I can use Cryogen at will, but Arctique did pose a challenge each and every time I used it. The real upside to Arctique was the fragrance. It was much nicer than the other uber-mentholated soaps and aftershaves. It had a nice "rounded" mint scent, as opposed to the more common Vick's Vaporub vibe that others have. RIP Arctique!

Yeah that’s my problem with most heavily mentholated aftershaves as well. All you can smell is menthol. I really like Krampert’s Finest Frostbite because it’s still really cold and has a great scent. Hopefully B&M will do another highly mentholated splash in the future.

Yeah that’s my problem with most heavily mentholated aftershaves as well. All you can smell is menthol. I really like Krampert’s Finest Frostbite because it’s still really cold and has a great scent. Hopefully B&M will do another highly mentholated splash in the future.
I'm sure that someone has already posted this nugget in this thread, but if you a menthol junkie, it's probably time to buy some menthol crystals and add as many as you need to your favorite aftershave. Vodka works well for dissolving them!

My container of Cryogen is filled with menthol crystals that are growing out of the soap and the lid. Has anyone else had this happen to their shaving soap?
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I enjoy the effect, but menthol can spoil the scent of a good aftershave sometimes. One thing I like about Bootlegger's Green Freeze is that it cools you down, and in the dry down, it leaves only the mild pleasant scent of the Skin Bracer aftershave. At first, the menthol is like...making your eyes water...but that scent fades away and leaves something nice.

+1. Green Freeze Is The Bomb! :)

I recommend Texas 10X Face Freezer.

The 50ml of vodka costs me a buck. The original 'recipe' seen below has been boosted with more menthol crystals. A gram will really do the job. I also tossed in a couple mint leaves for color. I add some witch hazel, glycerin, and/or hyaluronic acid to some of my spirit based AS recipes, but Face Freezer is simply about freezing my face.
FA682DAF-874C-46B4-BA91-FF0E11D22C67.jpeg
9DB2DEC3-EA42-4103-B117-65D3B129AD69.jpeg

Ok so i’m a bit of a menthol junkie in the summer (and sometimes in the winter.) I’ve amassed a decent sampling of mentholated aftershaves but i’m wondering what my fellow B&B’ers consider to be the coldest, most over the top menthol aftershave currently on the market. My list of mentholated aftershaves is (in order of coldness) as follows:

Aquavelva
Fine Lavender
Barbasol Brisk
Alt Innsbrook
B&M Terror
Osage Rub
Krampert’s Finest Frostbite
*** Cold Fusion

As always, I appreciate the responses!

Stirling Wintergreen makes my eyes water.

Not saying it's the most potent such product out there but I like it. A one-ounce bottle will set you back $5.
Frost Drops.jpg

Top Bottom