What's new

Coldest menthol aftershave?

Not sure if that even has menthol, not at all cold.

Ingredients:Alcohol Denat, Aqua, Parfum, Menthol, Juniperus Mexicana Wood Oil, Panthenol, Peg60, Hydrogenated Castrol Oil, Limonene, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Linalool, Benzophenone1, Hydroxycitronellal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, AlphaIsomethyl Inonone, Eugenol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Citronellol, HydroxyIsohexyl 3Cyclohexene Carboxalhyde, Benzyl Salicyate, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, CI 47005, CI 15510, CI 19140

Proraso Green for me now,

I use both the Pitralon and the Proraso all the time (they are dirt cheap in EU so I buy them by the truckload) and the Pitralon is MUCH colder

I have used frostbite, and it's cold but the coldest I have is arctique by barrister and Mann. It's discontinued now but it will give a menthol burn for about 30-45 minutes.

I really wish i could still get my hands on that stuff. I have their new one (Terror) which smells fantastic but i’m not crazy about the synthetic menthol. It literally lasts 8-12 hours and while not crazy strong, it’s just kind of a hassle to have to worry about touching your face and accidentally rubbing your eyes with the equivalent of icy hot.

Nothing like a cool shower on a hot night and then a shave with Palmindaya or Egyptian Ingram cream followed by a healthy splash of Alcolado Glacial or Osage Rub and then it's onto a big bed with crisp, clean sheets, an overhead fan gently circling above.

+1 I’m a night shaver so i like using mentholated aftershaves on hot nights for exactly what you described.

Anyone have both cryogen and cold fusion to compare? I imagine cold fusion might be the coldest you can go as there are undissolved menthol crystals in the solution so i assume that it’s “maxed out” so to speak.

Cool pinguïn

Attachments

• CB6B403D-FE74-484E-AB9E-82D1FCB99A31.jpeg
    CB6B403D-FE74-484E-AB9E-82D1FCB99A31.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
While I may scoff at Cryogen and Snakebite, Barrister & Mann's Arctique had me begging for mercy! And it smells a heck of a lot better than some of the other ultra-mentholated aftershaves.

The fact that it’s unobtabium will have me sending a letter to B&M to rerelease it.

The menthol lotions I have, and ranked in coldness, are Cryogen, Snakebite, Osage Rub, Lucky Tiger Disappearing Cream, Skin Bracer, Stirling Orange Chill, Duke Cannon Balm, Aqua Velva. If you are wandering, menthol is a good thing.

The fact that it’s unobtabium will have me sending a letter to B&M to rerelease it.
Sadly, due to the shortage of alcohol, B&M has put the production of their aftershave splashes on hold. If Will ever brings Arctique back, it will probably be at least a year or more. ☹️

Sadly, due to the shortage of alcohol, B&M has put the production of their aftershave splashes on hold. If Will ever brings Arctique back, it will probably be at least a year or more. ☹

Wow i had no idea there was a shortage at all! Makes sense given the times i guess. Perhaps now is the time to email him with suggestions then!

Meh... Cryogen is for fake tough guys. 😉

Is Arctique really that much colder? The reason i started this thread was because i kind of assumed you couldn’t get any colder than Cold Fusion because menthol crystals were floating around undissolved in it. I’ve always heard that cryogen and cold fusion were around the same strength. I’ll be honest, cold fusion may be my limit. It borders on that sensation where you can’t distinguish if it’s cold or hot. But i’ll be honest, i’d love to see if there’s a “next level.”

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I enjoy the effect, but menthol can spoil the scent of a good aftershave sometimes. One thing I like about Bootlegger's Green Freeze is that it cools you down, and in the dry down, it leaves only the mild pleasant scent of the Skin Bracer aftershave. At first, the menthol is like...making your eyes water...but that scent fades away and leaves something nice.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My favourite strongly mentholated aftershave is Furbo Vintage Blu. It has the scent of the legendary Floid Blue, but with much more "icy feel".

Top Bottom