What's new

Cold Water Temp

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I like to finish my shave with a warm water rinse followed by a cold water rinse. This is the time of year when it takes some courage to put a cloth full of that cold water on my puss.

I finally satisfied my curiosity with a thermometer and my cold water is 49 degrees F. It's always cold, but when it's 7 degrees outside it feels even colder.

I've been on vacation at some of the southern timeshares (in the summer) where I had to actually use ice if I wanted anything close to a cold water rinse, but here we do cold water with a vengeance.

My water was so cold this morning I felt like I had to warm it up slightly to rinse my brush haha. LOVE cold water shaves in the morning.

I can't stand cold water in the shower though. If I were in a torture situation from the mob or something and I was holding valuable information, the sight of an ice bath would make me rat everyone out instantly. NOPE.

When shaving, I've come to prefer lukewarm water, that is neither cool nor warm. I think it offers the best of what both shaving worlds have to offer.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
True story, it was -40F here a few weeks ago and I still do a warm water rinse to remove soap film followed by a final cold water rinse and enjoyed it. My skin seems to like the cold water for a final splash(calming affect IMO).

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
It never gets anywhere near - 40 here but even when it is - 4 outside and our water is always very cold. I have a cold water shave I found it really helps with the irritation I used to suffer from and it helps wake me up.

I finish every shower with a minute of cold water. Except when I’m sick. The cold water in the winter is a lot colder than the cold water in the summer.

Melbourne is currently in a heat wave with five days in a row over 97F. The cold water is currently 68F. Not very cold…

Cold water showers and cold water shaves, been doing it for years. Wakes you up REAL quick and gets the morning off to a good start. It's also good for your health. In the winter when it's super cold, I put just a smidgen of warm water in, but always finish with pure cold.

I always cold water rinse between passes and at the end of the shave before splashing witch hazel on.

My water is also in the mid 40s today, quite the wake up call but I love it!

Looks like I may need a thermometer to check the water temperature. Problem is that I have limited band-with first thing in the AM. (Perhaps one day!)

I shave with warm water but always rinse with water as cold as the tap will get. I'll have to measure the temperature and see how cold it actually is.

For a few months I shaved with cold water to help with irritation/ingrowns, but caved one day and did a warm water shave. Spreading warm lather on your face after months of freezing cold was like heaven...

My thermometer says my tap water is 29 degrees F, which may be wrong. I can confirm that it is freakin cold though. I splash it on, brrrrr.

Top Bottom