What's new

Cold water splash to close the pores.

How cold does the water have to be to close the pores after a shave? I live in Florida and the water isn't that cold coming out of the tap. Its summer now and its running about 78F, 25C. Its warm enough when I do water changes for the tropical fish tank I just run it straight out of the cold water tap.

Get a refrigerator with a drinking water outlet, mix it 50/50 with tap et voila!🥶
Sorry, the body's neutral temperature in water is approximately 81 degrees frankenstein. From experience, it would need to be in the 60's to feel cool enough with a 75 inside temp.

Last edited:
If it feels pretty cold on the skin then it will probably close the pores. As for the temp itself I have no idea… good question.

Cold is a temperature a bit cooler than your skin temperature. The idea is to tighten the skin and reduce blood flow to the skin, which can help calm irritation. Off the top of my head, I would say below 72 F. If you got in the shower and turned the water on at this temperature, you would jump a little bit.

:laugh:

I always use cold water to rinse. When it gets burning hot out even my water in mid Atlantic doesn't get too cold. I don't know that it's 78 degrees warm, but i would guess my mid-July my city water might be 70 degrees coming from the ground. I suppose you could get a bowl of ice and fill it with water before you start to shave and rinse with that. Certainly would feel great if the water coming from your faucet is 78 degrees.

Get a refrigerator with a drinking water outlet, mix it 50/50 with tap et voila!🥶
Sorry, the body's neutral temperature in water is approximately 81 degrees frankenstein. From experience, it would need to be in the 60's to feel cool enough with a 75 inside temp.

What is that temperature when converted to dracula? Larry Talbot asked me to find out.

+1! Yep! That’s my understanding. But I do enjoy finishing with a cold rinse!! :clap: :clap:

Pores?

Who cares about pores, except vain girls with magnifying mirrors, and movie stars, whose faces are 20 feet tall on the big screen?

I use cold water to close capillaries, you know those tiny things that the blood comes out of if you shave too close.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I personally love a cold rinse after any shave. Just before applying the Alum Block.

Top Bottom