What's new

Cold water shaving- it works

I want to thank everyone for their endorsement of cold shaving. I would never choose cold shaving, BUT when I am forced to do it, I take great comfort in knowing that there are so many out there who deliberately shave with cold water even when hot water is available. It warms my soul, if not my badger hair, to know that there are those of you out there who celebrate the cold shave and do not see it, as I do, as the natural consequence of bad karma. The fact that there are so many who for various reasons prefer to shave with cold water is a comfort to me when an angry water heater turns against me. So when my wife drains the hot water tank in one of her marathon hair washing cream rinsing showers or I find myself waking up in cow pasture or along the side of railroad tracks wanting to shave, I can smile at myself in some unsteamy reflective surface as the cold, lather-filled brush finds its clammy way to my cheeks. At that moment, just before impact, all your chilly supportive posts give me the strength to go on because I know that this is, in fact, a preference, if not a pleasure for so many, otherwise sane, wet shavers.

I'll give it a try...in July...I live in Montreal and it's friggin' cold here in the winter. Just the thought of cold water in the morning makes my privates shrivel up. I do, however always cold rinse after my shave

I'll give it a try...in July...I live in Montreal and it's friggin' cold here in the winter. Just the thought of cold water in the morning makes my privates shrivel up. I do, however always cold rinse after my shave

I'm in Michigan. Over 100 inches of snow to date and another winter storm arriving tonight. Man up, sir. :001_cool:

I've a coarse beard but, very sensitive skin so, I gave a cold water shave a go. I'm glad I did because it definitely gives me better irritation free shaves.

First CWS for me last night in almost 20 years of shaving.

It really works for reducing irritation and the shave was quite smooth too. I'm looking forward to giving it a decent trial over the next month or so.

I love cws. It works for my face and feels great. Just as relaxing to me as warm water if not more. I enjoy it anytime of day. Especially at night. I shower in hot water up I do that James Bond style where in switch to cold water at the end. I face lather after with the cold water after but sometimes I just run the room temp water for lather. I've found a setup I love and I'm sticking to it

Top Bottom