What's new

Cold Water Rinse

For all the newbie's out there. I found this technique to work wonders.

Like many of you new to wet shaving I still sometimes get nicks, cuts, and raw spots that bleed. I found that after shaving get an ice cube and rub that on your face. The technique I use is I apply it once all over then let it sit there for a few seconds then apply it again. Pat my face dry then apply my choice of AS Balm.

I found that using this has totally eliminated the need for styptic pencils and such. After I use this there is no bleeding and all nicks, cuts, and raw spots are cleared up.

I just wanted to pass this little tip on. Giveit a try and tell me what you think. As always YMMV.

Hehe, I'm a strange one. I like to rinse my face with cold water and then a splash of after shave to give that cool icy burn.

I don't know what it is but the cool icy stingy burn makes me feel fresh and clean. I guess because it reminds me of the barber once I'm done with a cut and shave they splash me with the AS all over and I can feel all the little stings. I love it. :wink:

I don't get nearly as much redness/irritation anymore, but when I used to, I found a cold water rinse to be really helpful. A trick I discovered was to lean over the tub and hold the hand-held shower head under my face. With it turned all the way cold, and with low enough pressure so the water only shot 4-6 inches up, I'd rinse my face with it for a minute, stopping almost all redness in its tracks.

This makes sense as it's the same way to treat minor swelling/bruising. The cold will shrink the vasculature and the bit of pressure applied will seal the deal so to speak. I use cold, but simply a cold face rag at the end seems to work for me.

Top Bottom