What's new

Cold Steel family

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Picked up the new Cold Steel (CS) Kyoto II ($25?) the other day and really like it!

k.jpg

One of the neat things is that the Secure-Ex sheath can pop off with thumb pressure, making it "one-hand opening."

cs2.jpg

But it's an excuse to get out a couple other Cold Steel products I haven't used in a while - Kobun and "Brave Heart," a discontinued CS faux-Scottish skean dhu (sgian dubh, or "black blade" for non-Galege speakers)

csw1.jpg

Wish the Kobun had the molded "samurai sword" grip of the Kyoto, because it's very grippy - two finger grip works.

The Brave Heart (ugh) is a pointy-pointy design: needle-like. Very poky.

Anyways. CS needs no introduction: the're pretty good low-end designs.

Anyone have CS faves?

AA

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I don't have any Cold Steel knives at the moment, but I do have a sjambok, two tomahawks (Frontier and Rifleman), the Special Forces shovel, and just today I got the trench shovel, which is a larger version of the SF shovel.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Anyways. CS needs no introduction: the're pretty good low-end designs.
I wouldn't necessarily call Cold Steel's wares "low end." They're better described as "high value." You get a lot of knife for not a lot of money. Plus, many of their designs reflect the hand of Andrew Demko--which adds additional value.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I wouldn't necessarily call Cold Steel's wares "low end." They're better described as "high value." You get a lot of knife for not a lot of money. Plus, many of their designs reflect the hand of Andrew Demko--which adds additional value.

Agree. "High-value good designs."

The thread was getting crickets for a while, I was concerned! :lol:

AA

Top Bottom