What's new

Cold and flu

Scumbag parents sending in sick kids. Good luck with that

It's not as simple as that. I wish it were. Where I live, a lot of these parents can't afford to miss a single day of work, the students know this and often lie to their parents about how they feel.

My son has the flu and he lives with us. The doctor at Bible Study this AM said I was almost certain to get it. Half his office got it and they are required to have the vaccine.
Note: Influenza A around here

My son has the flu and he lives with us. The doctor at Bible Study this AM said I was almost certain to get it. Half his office got it and they are required to have the vaccine.
Note: Influenza A around here

Is the flu shot pushed relentlessly where you live, ours are free, can get them done at the pharmacy among other places...
  • available from your doctor or nurse practitioner, and at participating pharmacies and local public health units across the province
dave

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wife had it; lingering cold lasts about two weeks.

Seems like flu, but no scorching-hot fever.

We always get flu shots; I got the flu-for-real last year anyways. Right after being down with norovirus ... lost two months.

AA

The university pushes us and makes it free. The students blow it off which is why we have epidemics of it. We also have a Norovirus outbreak to go along with the flu.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Apparently it’s going around down here too. They closed all the county schools until Tuesday. For a week! My mother was recently at the ER talking with the nurses and they siad they have seen sooooooo many people recently with the flu.

All my friends think I’m lying when I say I’ve never had the flu. But it’s true! Only got a flu shot once in my life. I’ve never been sick. Not even a cold. I’ve even kissed my GF when she was sick with the flu/cold/something and never got sick.

Best thing I ever did in my working years was requesting a transfer from the office to a field assignment. Working in the office I had sinus and respiratory infections several times a year. I don't remember ever being sick in the field inspecting landfills and other garbage sites. Now that I'm retired, I do my best to avoid people and wash my hands frequently if I go out.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Best thing I ever did in my working years was requesting a transfer from the office to a field assignment. Working in the office I had sinus and respiratory infections several times a year. I don't remember ever being sick in the field inspecting landfills and other garbage sites. Now that I'm retired, I do my best to avoid people and wash my hands frequently if I go out.
I avoid people to keep my psyche healthy. :)

Top Bottom