What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Col. Conk's Lime! Wow!:)

I've used up multiple pucks of Lime in the past and have always enjoyed it. A nice warm weather soap. I like the sweet candy-like scent; reminds me of the green Life Savers candy!

The variety pack was the first soap I bought and stays in my rotation with the 3 Proraso’s. I’m looking to try their naturals line next in the blue packets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you enjoy the original soap I can assure you that you will love the Natural Line. If the new scents arent to your liking there is also an unscented version. The slickness and denser lather really is second to none.

I just came across a puck of Lime while rummaging through a drawer today. I gave it a test lather and it was most excellent. And yep, used a synth brush.

I just came across a puck of Lime while rummaging through a drawer today. I gave it a test lather and it was most excellent. And yep, used a synth brush.
Synthetic brushes seem to yield a thicker lather with harder mediums.

I'm a firm believer that thicker/denser isn't always better.

I've had good luck with Col. Conk, although I prefer tallow base soaps in general. Only used the Lime once, but will eventually get back to it and use it up. Like most shaving soaps, you need to get enough water into it to get really good shaves, it's fairly easy to make it rather pasty as it lathers very easily.

How strong is the lime scent? Curious like a cat. (You can call me "Whiskers".)
I personally think Lime is the "strongest" scent in the original lineup. Its not a traditional lime scent in the way of a fresh cut lime, rather, a sweeter iteration. Our soaps are purposely formulated to give a light scent that provides amazing scent while shaving but dissipates as to not interfere with any colognes or aftershaves you might use after your shave.

Just bumping this thread to say I get a very authentic lime hit every time I use this soap. And I use it a lot. Not a full size supermarket lime scent, rather a scent that recalls the small, dark limes I have consumed in abundance in Mexico. Ceviche!

I tried the lime a while ago and for some reason I don't remember much about it? Did I put it somewhere for some reason and forgot about it? Will need to find a new (or look for the old) puck and retry. The clear green reminds me of jello I used to eat a lot of as a child.

Also isn't op the guy that makes the youtube vids?

I tried the lime a while ago and for some reason I don't remember much about it? Did I put it somewhere for some reason and forgot about it? Will need to find a new (or look for the old) puck and retry. The clear green reminds me of jello I used to eat a lot of as a child.

Also isn't op the guy that makes the youtube vids?
Make sure you find the new formula...! 😉

emwolf

Contributor
I haven't tried new formula yet, but I'm still working my way through old. Almost finished my Col Conk Bay Rum, always a great shave there. I've still got Lime and Amber to finish. Last month I finished my favorite so far, High Desert Breeze.

I haven't tried new formula yet, but I'm still working my way through old. Almost finished my Col Conk Bay Rum, always a great shave there. I've still got Lime and Amber to finish. Last month I finished my favorite so far, High Desert Breeze.
I thank you for your patronage!

One of the best values in traditional shaving.

I get an incredibly luxurious-feeling lather when I combine Williams Mug and any Col. Conk variety.

Top Bottom