What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Col. Conk's Lime! Wow!:)

I pulled out the Col. Conk's Lime soap this morning. I haven't used it in quite along time.:) I paired it with a vintage Gillette Tech safety razor (Fat Handle) and Gillette Silver Blue blade.

I had an absolutely WONDERFUL shave! The lather created was thick and rich and VERY slick! My shave was free of nicks or cuts. Absolutely zero irritation!

I do believe, though, that the key to generating all that lather was due to using a good synthetic shaving brush (AP Shaving Co. tuxedo knot). I've found that synthetic brushes perform much better than natural hair brushes when using a hard soap like Col. Conk's.

The lime scent is exactly what you expect. A nice citrus lime scent. It wakes you up and gets the senses going.:)

This was my last puck, so I have to order more!:)

Five stars for slick performance, great protection, and outstanding value!

I pulled out the Col. Conk's Lime soap this morning. I haven't used it in quite along time.:) I paired it with a vintage Gillette Tech safety razor (Fat Handle) and Gillette Silver Blue blade.

I had an absolutely WONDERFUL shave! The lather created was thick and rich and VERY slick! My shave was free of nicks or cuts. Absolutely zero irritation!

I do believe, though, that the key to generating all that lather was due to using a good synthetic shaving brush (AP Shaving Co. tuxedo knot). I've found that synthetic brushes perform much better than natural hair brushes when using a hard soap like Col. Conk's.

The lime scent is exactly what you expect. A nice citrus lime scent. It wakes you up and gets the senses going.:)

This was my last puck, so I have to order more!:)

Five stars for slick performance, great protection, and outstanding value!
It's great to return to something and find it better than you expected!! I like Col. Conk's Lime soap, too; not the best, not the worst, for me it's a solid performer.

Glad you liked it.

But, Col Conk is hard soap? If I recall it is a glycerin based soap and it lasts no where near what a traditional hard soap like Taylor's or Trumper's does.

Chris

Although not a Lime user, I still keep the Amber on hand. It's one of the (if not THE) first soap(s) I used however many years ago and the scent and slickness is still admirable!

You've probably improved your technique a lot over time which also helped you get better lather and a better shave. With most soaps, "use more product" is key to a great shave. And conk soaps are cheap enough that you can use a lot of it without wasting it. I like to rub it on my face like a shave stick.

Although not a Lime user, I still keep the Amber on hand. It's one of the (if not THE) first soap(s) I used however many years ago and the scent and slickness is still admirable!
Amber is next on my list to try from the Col Conk line.:) I've read some very positive reviews.:)

You've probably improved your technique a lot over time which also helped you get better lather and a better shave. With most soaps, "use more product" is key to a great shave. And conk soaps are cheap enough that you can use a lot of it without wasting it. I like to rub it on my face like a shave stick.
I agree with the points you mentioned.:)

I'll have to remember the shave stick approach.:)

Amber is next on my list to try from the Col Conk line.:) I've read some very positive reviews.:)
It's a great "warm" scent. The aftershave is good also, coupled with the soap or alone. I think the lime aftershave has a following much like the soap too.

I am not certain, but did Caswell-Massey produce them for a little while? I know it was in their distribution portfolio a while back.

I love the performance of this soap. Nice and easy to get very slick but still cushioning lather. I can't say I love the scent though. It's a bit more "lime jolly rancher" scented rather than natural lime scented, if that makes sense.

This is why it's always a good ideal to revisit soaps later on. Some people will stop using a particular soap if it didn't work well the 1st time, sometimes technique changes, plus the gear used can greatly effects the results. Synthetic brushes make it a lot easier to generate lather with Certain soaps IMO.

Very rarely will a soap work great the 1st time then generate a terrible lather later on, but one example is the LEA hard puck, first few shaves whipped up a thick lather, but after that it became impossible to get a stable lather. Other people have reported this same problem with this soap, so it's not just me. OTOH the LEA stick is a much better product but doesn't have that sandalwood scent.

I think Conk soaps are very underrated.
I think the Amber soap and aftershave are fantastic products that I have used for about 15 years now.
Great value, great performance.
Thank you!
I appreciate your loyalty!

There are (now) hundreds of boutique and high-end soaps but our soap remains a VERY strong seller. I think often times it gets overlooked because of the price point and never given a "real" chance.

Again, I thank you!

Col Conk lime was my very first soap. I took a cheese grater to four pucks of Williams, microwaved the Conk lime and mixed in the Williams. Voila! Lime Williams. You gotta try it, its amazing! I do agree with Mike, it is overlooked and does not get the love on many shave sites, which is just wrong. BTW I also make my own bootlegger aftershave. I will be ordering another puck, because it is an excellent product on its own and you can't beat the price.

The variety pack was the first soap I bought and stays in my rotation with the 3 Proraso’s. I’m looking to try their naturals line next in the blue packets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom