What's new

Col. Conk Soaps

When I first started the wet shaving adventure 10 years ago, it seemed Col. Conk was a big thing. I never did buy one. I very rarely see Col. Conk mentioned anymore. Any thoughts? Was Col. Conk big 10 years ago, or was it just my perception? Has anyone ever used Col. Conk? Good? Bad?

It’s not artisan and not expensive so many here just pass it by.
I do get good result with Bay Rum and Amber and especially like that I can melt and pour it in my OS or any other mug.
C5B7086B-A653-489C-9301-008D652BFBDA.jpeg

BF7C4F1C-847C-4484-9E2B-9E83C62939FB.jpeg

I have all 4 varieties and enjoy them. I recently discovered the wonder of "Col. Williams:" half Conk and half Williams Mug. I grate the two in a bowl and easily whip up a luxurious feeling lather with excellent slickness.

I have all 4 varieties and enjoy them. I recently discovered the wonder of "Col. Williams:" half Conk and half Williams Mug. I grate the two in a bowl and easily whip up a luxurious feeling lather with excellent slickness.
Col. Williams. I like that.

Reactions: ewk
They are a good low cost soap that will provide you with a good shave. It is not my favorite, but you wouldn't be disappointed if you tried the soap. I personally prefer both Captain's Choice and Stirling, so that is what I purchase.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Col. Conk soaps aren't tallow-based, right? Do any of you like both Col.Conk and tallow soaps? If so, how do they compare? (Yes, I like the Col. Williams idea.)

I have never tried Col. Conk but have thought about picking some up.

Col. Conk soaps aren't tallow-based, right? Do any of you like both Col.Conk and tallow soaps? If so, how do they compare? (Yes, I like the Col. Williams idea)

Conk is glycerine based, so it has great slickness. Lather is lighter than tallow based but still provides good protection. Very good nicely scented soap at a nice price.

You know, not sure if it is tallow based - I have been using the old formula I think. The Conk people are on B&B though, so no doubt they will answer soon.

Col. Conk soaps aren't tallow-based, right? Do any of you like both Col.Conk and tallow soaps? If so, how do they compare? (Yes, I like the Col. Williams idea.)

I have never tried Col. Conk but have thought about picking some up.

Conk soaps are Glycerin based not tallow as "ewk" says and yes I like both.
There is nothing more slippery than Conk soaps but tallow soaps give a little better cushion.

I've got the new formulation bay rum. Its nice. I like the scent and the ingredient list is relatively clean. Makes a nice lather, quickly and I personally have a preference for non-tallow products which this is so its a win all around. I can tell you that Its too cheap to pass up and its one of the only non-artisan ways to try a bay rum scent. I'd recommend.

I was fortunate to attend the Big Shave S'West in 2019 and had a tub (yeah, a full tub!) of Rio Grande Lavender in my goodie bag. I really enjoyed it. I finished it months ago but recall how well it lathered and it had great slickness. Wonderful shaves with it. Since that shave event I have acquired a good number more other soaps and creams but fully intend on trying Southwestern Sun next.

Top Bottom