What's new

Col. Conk Shaving Soap...

I always recommend blooming the soap. I also always recommend melting it into a container to increase surface area to help with loading. One of the best qualities of this soap (In my opinion of course) is the ability to directly control the shaving properties by the amount of water added.
Less water= a rich and dense lather providing good protection/cushion
more water= a ridiculously slick and hydrating lather

In this world of amazingly good artisan soaps/creams we still try to provide a great shave at affordable prices.

YMMV is true, however a puck of Colonel Conk Bay Rum is in my rotation every summer. I am very happy with the scent and performance. It doesn't last a real long time, but it is priced accordingly making a good value in my opinion. @Colonel Conk is always available to answer questions about their product, which is a statement to their customer service as well.
Thank you! I strive to provide the best possible customer service to my customers. You are absolutely correct... I am always available and willing to help in any way that I can!

Thanks Everyone!

Conk Bay Rum shave this A.M. I bloomed & added more water than usual & it was very slick but, still had the cushion I like also. Post shave feel was good as well.

I just wanted to reply and let others know that I had a chance to try the Col. Conk shaving soap. I started out trying the Amber scented shaving soap. The soap didn't take too long before I was able to work up a lather. I experienced excellent slickness and cushion with the shaving soap and didn't have any shaving irritation.

The scent isn't overly strong once the shaving soap is applied, which is good for me.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a shaving soap to try out.

Korey Smith

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

I just wanted to reply and let others know that I had a chance to try the Col. Conk shaving soap. I started out trying the Amber scented shaving soap. The soap didn't take too long before I was able to work up a lather. I experienced excellent slickness and cushion with the shaving soap and didn't have any shaving irritation.

The scent isn't overly strong once the shaving soap is applied, which is good for me.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a shaving soap to try out.

Korey Smith

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
Awesome!

I am glad it worked well for you!

Jist used the little bit if Bay Rum i had this morning! Like the scent and performance is good.

My issue as dialing in water for it. Was much thirstier than most other soaps I use. Hard water also doesn't help.

Jist used the little bit if Bay Rum i had this morning! Like the scent and performance is good.

My issue as dialing in water for it. Was much thirstier than most other soaps I use. Hard water also doesn't help.
For me the easiest way to get it dialed in is to load the brush with minimal water so the lather is super thick/sticky. I finish the lathering in a bowl and add water as I go. I've found a brush (26mm badger) loaded for ~25 seconds takes about 2 tablespoons of water to hit that sweet spot. I also find that when adding water "folding" the water instead of whipping it to death creates an incredibly dense and hydrating lather.

I'm in the same camp as Mike @Colonel Conk with the bowl lathering. Yesterday as part of my March Madness shave, I whipped up some pretty amazing lather in the bowl. For me at least, bowl lathering Col Conk creates a thicker and more consistent lather for multiple passes than any time I have face lathered. Not saying you can't face lather Col Conk, I just have been struggling with it, and honestly I prefer at least as a newer DE wet shaver, bowl lathering. It really helps me perfect the water:soap mixture to maximize my experience.

DSC_2011.JPG That is with 25 seconds load time and 45 seconds of incorporating water.

Just finished my Bay Rum puck this A.M. Going to order more soon. I find it easy to get the Bay Rum just right & I have Hard Well Water to boot.

Top Bottom