What's new

Coffee vs. Tea

tried to get into tea but never did prefer espresso
tea I liked or tried to like was PuErh and other dark teas and some of the roobois
tried everything I could though just not a fan ? But I can see why some would like it
I am also hardcore into espresso so has to be really good beans fresh beans etc... and rarely do I drink regular coffee in the sense of a glass unless camping I might when its cold just to sip on something hot in the morning

I only drink fizzy spring water the kind with nothing in it and espresso and plain water that is it no booze either no sodas I did have a beer like 2 years ago friend is into craft stuff and had some so said sure not my thing I do like really good aged tawny ports but maybe one every few years and that is it and even then it might be every 5 years :) hahahaha
no soda No juice

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I drink five or six coffees per day made with home ground beans but none after 5pm. I have a glass of water before every coffee to keep hydrated. I have carbonated drinks a couple of times per year. I do not like and never drink tea, although I tried to persevere with matcha tea for several months but could not take to it. Zero alcohol for me for about five years, one day at a time 👍

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Love a good coffee once a day but love a good cup of tea anytime.
D8B05ABD-DFCC-4D85-A7C6-697237C5FAD8.jpeg

I drink a bowl of koicha (extra thick matcha) every morning. That is my breakfast. I also drink black tea throughout the day.
I rarely drink coffee, except after an exceptionally big meal. I do indulge in alcohol. I do not drink soda or juice. Basically it's
matcha, water, tea or beer depending on the time of day.

kohata-2_1534918894900_1200.jpg

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have a big pot of tea each morning. I may have another pot sometime around midday. Nothing fancy, just Barrys or PG Tips or Yorkshire.

I'll have coffee on occasion. I used to drink coffee all day, but at some point even 2 cups of coffee made me jittery and interfered with my sleep. For some reason tea has neither of these effects.

I like to drink alcohol in order to get ridiculously intoxicated. But that usually doesn't end well, and I have little interest in having one or two drinks. As a result, I go years, sometimes decades between drinks.

I tend to have peppermint tea first thing in the morning, then a few cups of black coffee late-morning/early afternoon and then green tea late afternoon/early evening (cold brew green tea in the summer).

At the weekends its tea in the morning and then coffee afterwards. Its also tea first thing mid-week if I'm tired (more of a comfort drink as opposed to a caffeine hit I am needing).

In general, the only carbonated drinks I have are tonic or ginger beer/ale as mixers for gin and rum. I now try and limit alcohol to the weekends and I have non-alcoholic gin and rum mid-week (my wife got it when she was pregnant to try and I just really like the taste of it!)

Tea drinker here.

Can't do without my "masala chai" !

Couple of days, café Bustelo from the yellow-red tin dropped in an Italian Bialetti Moka pot.

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I drink both, but I find I am leaning more and more to the tea side of things. The variety available is almost frightening.

Most of my tea comes from Adagio Teas, and they have some nice samplers. But I found my favorite by accident: a free tin of Libra (blend) for my birthday.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Espresso every morning, usually chased by iced tea.

🤔 Iced tea through the morning, but got to knock it off by noon, or no sleep.

AA

I have two or three cups of coffee on a daily basis, and occasionally an espresso. Tea I have on rare occassions, and enjoy it when I do.

I drink both: Coffee and hot black tea.

I drink a cuppa first thing in the morning. Take a 20 oz travel mug of coffee to work and occasionally supplement that with instant later in the day. Mug of tea when i get home from work. An occasional cup of decaf coffee in the evening.

I think I could give up coffee. I don't know if I could give up my tea. This from someone who was primarily a coffee drinker throughout his life.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I drink espresso more than anything else (one or two shots over a morning, give or take). However, i very much like tea, and I'm trying to shift more towards tea. Earl Grey is my favorite black tea, but I also love various greens and oolongs. In fact, my favorite Earl Grey actually is an oolong.

I drink too much coffee (or so I am told daily)

Normal day is 4 cups in the morning (auto drip). Shot of espresso with milk mid day. Evening coffee after dinner.

Seems fine to me.

I take a nap after the espresso. For some reason coffee has no effect on keeping me awake. Just the opposite, it warms me up and I fall asleep easier.

We will be having espresso in the mornings for a while as I need to roast some light. Did espresso blend last which doesn't cut it as a auto or pour over. Killer with the espresso machine though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom