What's new

Coffee travel mug ideas?

7EA19689-9107-482A-B6D8-843B03FE6310.jpeg
If you haven’t bought one yet, I’d recommend getting a good, sealable cap/top. Contigos and Bubba double walls work very well. The slider type up thread will leak. This style won’t, and it’s easy to one hand while driving.

Yeti, Rtic, ozark trails work well too, but I run ice water in mine. Rtic has better lids, that are less spillproof than yeti. I just don’t want coffee in mine on the chance it’ll spill or leak.

I am currently using a HydroFlask with a coffee lid. They come in a variety of sizes and I have had good luck with the vacuum insulation working. I use it to bring a double americano to work. For business travel I make drip coffee in the room into a no name insulated mug and then transfer the coffee to one of the cups in the room.

Ruckin.
I second the hydro flask. I have the 20 oz, not the wide mouthed version that fits perfectly in my backpack while flying. It also works great as a shaker cup for protein powder on the road. When I’m not flying, I have yeti, orca and Rtic. I much prefer the 27 oz orca over the bigger yeti and Rtic. At home I use an Rtic and yeti steel 12oz mugs.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Another vote for the Contigo. I got one for Christmas a couple of years ago, and it's my go-to mug now.

Klean Kanteen has my loyalty. Their insulated bottles are excellent, double walled stainless steel. Good for hot or cold drinks and the cafe cap for hot drinks is quite sturdy and can be disassembled into three pieces for easy cleaning.

I have three of their bottles in different sizes, and except for some dents on the underside you'd never know which one is over 10 years old compared to the newer two!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I have a couple of the Contigo mugs. I don't like them much. They add that stainless steel taste to my coffee. Yeti rambler works for my wife and I. Coffee stays at a drinkable temp well into the afternoon. Ice from a cold drink will be there in my wife's cup the next morning.

I think I'm going to try that bubba with tasteguard.

I mostly make my coffee at home. I can count my $tarbucks visits in the last 20 years on one hand. Not doing it.

Top Bottom