What's new

Coffee Suggestion

Try buying LACTAID Milk or any other Lactose FREE milk at the supermarket. My wife and middle son are lactose intolerant and the above works great for them.

+1 on the Lactaid. It has allowed me to have milk in my coffee for years, as well as an occassional bowl of cereal.

Trust me, go the chocolate soy milk route. You're much better off in terms of flavor (I love the stuff) and it adds a nice note to a generic store bought coffee if that is what you have on hand. For a premium grind your own sort of setup, I'd still try the coffee black to find out the base notes of the brew but even then the chocolate flavor in the soy milk should be soft/subtle enough to not interfere too much.

That sounds like a plan there. If I drink just plain old coffee, I do drink it black. No sugar, no cream. I drink my expresso black a majority of the time too. As a matter of fact, I enjoy a good strong black expresso in the morning while I shave. The only time I drink plain old coffee is at the office or if I make a good size pot for guests at home. A lot of time guests don't care for a black expresso, too strong for them.

OTOH, sometimes at night after my son is in bed I do enjoy a caramel macchiato or some type of mocha drink. The milk, that I hate anyway but can take in a conglomerate mixture, was tearing me up. I would have never thought of soy milk or "juice."LOL! Soy milk just had a gross sounding connotation to it. I guess it's in my mind and based on unfounded info. I hate white milk, so how gross could soy be?LOL!

I'm glad I posted this, I'm going to give soy a try, especially the chocolate soy, that sounds tempting. Thanks guys.

B&B - is there anything it can't do? In the past day or so we have touched on lactose intolerance and coffee options, as well as HVAC questions (and all this besides shaving). This place never ceases to amaze. :thumbup:

B&B - is there anything it can't do? In the past day or so we have touched on lactose intolerance and coffee options, as well as HVAC questions (and all this besides shaving). This place never ceases to amaze. :thumbup:

I was planning on dabbling in at home surgery at the beginning of the new year, but obviously would come here first for advice!LOL!

I have fallen victim to the same issue and have switched my coffee to black and if I feel the need for a fancy latte or variation thereof I get Soy milk.

I have fallen victim to the same issue and have switched my coffee to black and if I feel the need for a fancy latte or variation thereof I get Soy milk.

I know it beats the alternative, but getting old is a bunch of crap isn't it?

Top Bottom