What's new

Coffee Shops

Interesting. I'm from Ann Arbor, MI (right next door to Ypsi), and haven't tried the Ugly Mug. I'll have to give it a try when I am home over spring break.

Well, when you're home, the good people are training the Baristas at a new place in Ann Arbor called the "Common Cup". I'd say that place will be as good.

All the Canadians here know where Tim needs to get some coffee ... :001_rolle

you'd think they put crack in it, people drink so much of it around here (winnipeg). too bad it tastes like arse - i understand the coffee they use if adulterated with chicory to make it cheaper. that's why it's sooo bitter sometimes.

to think of it, i've never had consistently good espresso in canada. anywhere in the 1/2 dozen 'big' cities i regularly travel to or have lived in over the years...

-L.

If you're in the Columbus Ohio area, then you must check out Stuafs Coffee Roasters. They roast up their own beans in big copper roasters, I used to smell it in the mornings when I was hanging out (re: pretending to work there) in a fly shop. Sometimes the billowing smoke from the roasters would sink to street level, great for those who love the smell, way to cloying for those who don't.

That was in the original Staufs in Grandview, which is still the same funky/trendy sort of place that it always has been. Alas, the roasters got moved to another location.

And unfortunately at the time of this posting, they are redesigning their web site.

Here in Youngstown we have some great ones; Mocha House, The Beat, TBC Coffee.
But why the HELL would you ever want to come here?

Of course, we are right on I-80 between Cleveland & Pittsburgh...

I'm not making this any better...am I?:wink:

I've been to a lot of coffee places around Chapel Hill/Carrboro but the only place worth visiting is the Open Eye Cafe since they roast their coffee and have a wide selection of tea, regional coffee, and wine. Did I mention their prices are sane too?

When I am in Orange County, I always look for ones of these shops

Diedrich's

I freaking love Diedrich's. There is a great one on the town square in Orange. I used to go there with my wife (before we were married) after Mass for coffee and a scone. I'm going back to socal in June to visit and it's on my list of places, that and Arthur's for a 5 egg omlette.

Here in Youngstown we have some great ones; Mocha House, The Beat, TBC Coffee.
But why the HELL would you ever want to come here?

Of course, we are right on I-80 between Cleveland & Pittsburgh...

I'm not making this any better...am I?:wink:

The Mocha House in Warren is far superior to the one in Boardman.

I went to The Beat every day after class. Me and my friend Kirstin would go after Calc II and do homework there. Good times.

Isn't Murky Coffee temporarily closed down?

I need a coffee shop either near Le Halles or near the Natural History Museum.

Yeah. Some sort of tax evasion problems. I think it's local government trobules. They have to close until they get it cleared up, which won't be long. They have another shop in VA, but I'm not going out there just for some coffee:001_smile

I was going to mention Caribou, but the closest I know of is on 17th. I hear the American-Indian Museum has the best cafe on the mall. Maybe they have the best coffee too?

Top Bottom