What's new

Coffee Scented Aftershave

Good Morning,

Have a few pucks of Razor Master UULA coffee soap and looking to pair it with a good after shave so what is a good suggestion(s)

Thanks

Good question... I wouldn't use any citrus based scents. I would probably use more earth or leather based scents. Sandalwood scents would be ok. Old Spice would work as well as Brut or Tabac.

I have Tabac, and also a Sandalwood, Clubman SR and Old Spice, I normally only use the Old Spice on Sundays for my traditional "Old Spice Sunday" I think the Clubman SR might be ok as it has a tobaco earthy smokey smell.

Yes. Clubman SR will probably be a good choice as well. I have Seiffenglatt coffee scented soap that was PIFd to me a while ago. I use OS or St. Charles Sandalwood AS with it.

Just ordered a bottle Clubman SR from Walgreens. It's free delivery if you have it shipped to one of their stores. I'm fortunate that I have about 3 Walgreens within 1 - 3 miles from home. So for $5.96 I couldn't resist.

Coffee scented aftershave sounds like a horrible idea to me.

I agree and disagree. My initial thought on coffee As was that I hate the smell of coffee when I spill it on myself during my commute. I'm a coffee addict and love the autism of a fresh cup. But on yourself...not so great. However, Leviathan (only one mentioned I have tried, is really more of a leather/sandalwood scent with a splash of coffee. The coffee scent comes through but smells nothing like actual coffee. Somehow they complement each other and have a manly scent. It's hard to explain - but I do enjoy it paired with the matching soap.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Coffee scented aftershave sounds like a horrible idea to me.

This! Smells like an morning-commuter splash-accident.

That said; one could easily make such errata- coffee beans, witch hazel, some vodka, glycerin; run through a coffee filter, natch.

AA

I gotta hand it to Walgreens. I ordered a bottle of Clubman SR less than 24 hours ago and I picked it up at my local Walgreens about an hour ago. Free shipping when shipped to your local Walgreens. You can't beat that.

I showered, shaved using my coffee scented soap and used SR as the AS. I like it. Definite leather notes on the top and the dry down. I get some powder & earthiness in the dry down as well. I also pick up some very faint black tar notes, but not in a bad way at all. It's definitely a cold weather AS. And I understand the whole manly, boardroom full of cigar, pipe smoke & whiskey picture some users paint when describing this. This is pretty cool actually.

Overall it's a keeper. I like it.

I have Clubman SR and Tabac and smelled the soap than the AS and they both seem to go well with it also may order some Leviathan from B&M

Good Morning,

Have a few pucks of Razor Master UULA coffee soap and looking to pair it with a good after shave so what is a good suggestion(s)

Thanks

Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars aftershave splash.
Absolutely lovely!

I agree with Leviathan. Coffee with cream.

I guess I'll 3rd Leviathan.

To me it smells of fresh-ground cappuccino, leather and wood. Kinda like being in a swinging bachelor pad of the 1970's.

I cannot, however, recommend the Leviathan shave soap, which hits my nose like an ashtray filled with old cigarette butts.

Top Bottom