What's new

Coffee noob

Hey B&B family!

So for a couple of years, I've scoured the shaving forums. I have gathered a lot of knowledge and have never been steered wrong. So I now turn to you gents!

I love all types of coffee. But I lack the knowledge of where to obtain great coffee. I drink it black, so I really enjoy the smoother blends.

Where do you all suggest I look? I do not drink a lot of coffee, so 1lb ground bags would be my frequent order.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We have a couple of local roasting companies where I live, so I get my bean from them. I don't know where they source their coffee from, other than by country, although this information is clearly marked on the boxes the coffees comes in. I haven't fallen so deeply into this coffee hole to be ordering coffee by the pound(s) on line.

When I was trying different online coffee roasters, Mystic Monk was the best I found. Not cheap, but great customer service, a decent cause, and I love their Hermit's Bold Blend - but sounds like you'd prefer the Cowboy blend.

A maker of one of the finest coffee roasters in the world is located very near to you.

About The San Franciscan Roaster Co.

If you cannot locate an artisan coffee roasting house near you, give SF a phone call. I'm sure they will have a list of people nearby that you can contact

You'll find that blended coffees from around the world are more centered in the American palate rather than single origins. Most Americans have never tasted a single origin coffee so have not developed to the point of liking one type of coffee.

Blended coffees taste like..... coffee.

Single origin coffee taste like fruit or berries or chocolate or citrus.

When different coffee is blended together these subtle flavors are subdued, even surpressed, and you end up with a generic "coffee taste" that everyone is familiar with.

Old coffee (coffee roasted more than 2 weeks) is bitter which is why most people add milk and sugar to hide the bitterness.

A maker of one of the finest coffee roasters in the world is located very near to you.

About The San Franciscan Roaster Co.

If you cannot locate an artisan coffee roasting house near you, give SF a phone call. I'm sure they will have a list of people nearby that you can contact

You'll find that blended coffees from around the world are more centered in the American palate rather than single origins. Most Americans have never tasted a single origin coffee so have not developed to the point of liking one type of coffee.

Blended coffees taste like..... coffee.

Single origin coffee taste like fruit or berries or chocolate or citrus.

When different coffee is blended together these subtle flavors are subdued, even surpressed, and you end up with a generic "coffee taste" that everyone is familiar with.

Old coffee (coffee roasted more than 2 weeks) is bitter which is why most people add milk and sugar to hide the bitterness.
Oh I need to update my profile lol. Thanks for the recommendation though! I may just order from them over the phone. I would have had to have done that if I lived in Vegas still anyways. Carson City is a 8-9 hour drive away from Vegas lol. I live in Grapevine, TX now. Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Oh I need to update my profile lol. Thanks for the recommendation though! I may just order from them over the phone. I would have had to have done that if I lived in Vegas still anyways. Carson City is a 8-9 hour drive away from Vegas lol. I live in Grapevine, TX now. Dallas-Fort Worth area.

They don't sell coffee, only coffee roasting equipment.

Looking in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area I find several local roasting houses listed.

Support local when you can.

There has to be tons of coffee shops near you that will sell you beans. A 30 second Google search revealed these, among others: Redefined Coffee House ; Buon Giorno Coffee ; http://www.holygroundsshop.com/ .

Beans bought at a store such as these is bound to be a LOT fresher than anything purchased online and shipped from half a country away - making a huge difference in quality, especially when buying pre-ground. And, you're supporting local, making personal connections along the way.

Top Bottom