What's new

Coffee from New Guinea

A friend sent me some coffee from Papua that he roasted himself, really good, I was surprised at how tasty an espresso it made! Not too acidic, rich mouthfeel, chocolatey and sweet. Give some a try if you come across.

SE Asian coffee typically has a distinctive taste as it is usually small producer and air dried on the dirt which imparts the distinctive taste associated with coffee grown and processed in that part of the world.

I always try to keep at least one Sumatra coffee which includes Bali, Java, and the other islands in that part of the world.

If anyone has the opportunity to buy some SO coffee from this region don't hesitate.

I need to try some again. I have only had one Sumatra origin coffee that was just okay (too earthy for my liking) but it was great compared to the first green Bali coffee I bought. I do not believe the Bali had been processed correctly and everyone who tried it said it was the worse coffee ever (similar to the reaction most people have to Kopi Luwak coffee before they taste it).

Top Bottom