What's new

Coffee from Hanoi

Yes you read that correctly.

SWMBO's friend gave her a bag of coffee that she brought back from Vietnam.

I had to slip a piece of paper between the beans and label to get a pic and read what it says.

From what I have been able to find out this came from a cafe in Hanoi. SWMBO's friend hand carried it back with her.

Made a french press with it last evening and ran some through the Vesuviana a little while ago.

This is some of the fullest body coffee I've ever had. Dark roasted but not bitter. Reminds me of the espresso I had in Europe (France)

Really enjoying this

proxy.php

Usually Vietnamese coffee is Robusta beans, so it's sweetened with condensed milk most of the time , hot or iced....If there are any crops of Arabica in Viet Nam , the production is very limited

These are large robust beans.

High caffeine content but not bitter.

Mixed half with whole milk is nice but condensed sweetened milk might be nice too. I'll pick up a can when out today

First thing I said after tasting was "Thai iced coffee" it would be great for this.

So far I've not been able to find this exact coffee.

I'd like to source it so that I can get more.

sau giong ca phe hat cong ty - Google Search

I’m a home roaster. Several years ago I had some arabica coffee from Vietnam through the Green Coffee Buying Club. It was surprisingly very good, wish I could find some more.

Top Bottom