What's new

Coffee brew methods

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm 55, but most days I don't feel a day older than 72.
If'n I was drinking coffee I'd have spit it out!

I can relate. I honestly felt 15 at 51, but these last two years I went from working 60 hour weeks to disability, the congenital heart issues reared their ugly heads and the perfect storm hit.

But NO complaints! I don't honestly believe that God has blessed anyone more than me. Homely wife that loves me, juvenile delinquent son that works hard, and a shaving forum that provides my fun and therapy.

Who could ask for more, seriously?

FarmerTan

"Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar"
Now ya lost me. I didn't mention my brain bleeds, so if I knew the reference once, I don't anymore! lol. A leaking brain comes in handy when I step in it in social situations! All my good friends (yes, I have a few of those @KeenDogg !) kinda look at me funny when I make a faux pa (excuse my spelling, I'm not even sure what it means to tell the truth) , because they ain't sure if I'm pulling their leg or having a tiny brain fart.

Getting older isn't really what I'd call "fun" all the time, but if you're honest, it IS really funny sometimes. Truly!

"George Bailey fanboy"

George Bailey played Johnny Dollar, the "man with the action packed expense account" in old radio shows of the same name. I saw the reference to the actor under your screen name and thought I'd found a fellow JD fan.

FarmerTan

"George Bailey fanboy"

George Bailey played Johnny Dollar, the "man with the action packed expense account" in old radio shows of the same name. I saw the reference to the actor under your screen name and thought I'd found a fellow JD fan.
Do they play that on my radio app ya think? Seems like I've seen that as a suggestion, as I listen to old radio shows in bed some nights....

Bob Bailey. I'll look it up!

The five part JD shows were the best. Found them when I had SiriusXM and rediscovered them on an Android app Old Time Radio Player

Screenshot_20200115-002404_Google Play Store.jpg

....and now the thread hijacker will shut up.

Gotta keep it from walking off the top of the fridge as I'm driving down the road.

I live in the truck 5 days a week and unfortunately have to deal with a Keurig because it is the most convenient way to brew coffee in the truck.

FarmerTan

Gotta keep it from walking off the top of the fridge as I'm driving down the road.

I live in the truck 5 days a week and unfortunately have to deal with a Keurig because it is the most convenient way to brew coffee in the truck.
HA! Thanks for the explanation!

I'm 99.342% sure I'm going to get a perculator. Just not sure if I want an electric or a stove top. But I find myself getting nostalgic in my retirement.

So guys and gals: please give me some ideas that are less than or just over $60 bucks.

Thinking maybe even an oldie off the Bay if'n any of youse guys have ideas for that too.

Should I have started another thread? I ain't got much internet etiquette as y'all may have noticed.

I use the pour over method. I got a nice $8 stainless steel coffee dripper from amazon. I use a paper filter inside the funnel and then pour hot water over it. It's real fast, and it makes for great coffee. Don't have to bother cleaning my brewing machine like ni the past. I'll never go back to that method.

dddd.jpg

HA! Thanks for the explanation!

I'm 99.342% sure I'm going to get a perculator. Just not sure if I want an electric or a stove top. But I find myself getting nostalgic in my retirement.

So guys and gals: please give me some ideas that are less than or just over $60 bucks.

Thinking maybe even an oldie off the Bay if'n any of youse guys have ideas for that too.

Should I have started another thread? I ain't got much internet etiquette as y'all may have noticed.

Thrift stores are the best place to start. This one was unused and $30

proxy.php

Having been a coffee drinker for 50 or so years I have tried every method known to man to brew a cup and a few that I tried to "invent" which were disasters by the way. It seems that I always resort to the old Pyrex for my perfect cup....
DSCI0521.JPG

Perked, light roast is my favorite. Really need to break out my Yukon percolator.
Been using a stainless steel, Cuisinox Milano moka pot for the last 8 or so years... time flies!!!
Prior to getting the Milano, I had two, aluminum moka pots.
Once, I left some water in the bottom of the aluminum pot for about a week and white stalagmites formed! Ewwww!
Cuisinox+Milano+Espresso+Maker.jpg

Top Bottom