What's new

Coffee brew methods

Been using a Bialetti Moka pot and Medaglia d'oro for over 30 years. Makes a mean Americano with milk. This is what Italian Americans have been doing since the 1930's. Better than anything you can get at Starbucks. Great for coffee drinks like Americano's, macchiato's, latte's' cappuccino's, cubano's, View attachment 1050814etc. Not exactly a true espresso but very close.

I like to blend a little robusta with some arabica in my moka pots. Makes a very nice "milk coffee"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If Italian immigrants can do it you can do it. Unscrew everything. Fill the bottom up to the overpressure relief valve with filtered water. Put finely ground (somewhere between drip and espresso grind) in the funnel thing and drop it in the bottom part. Screw the top part on the bottom part and put it on a medium heat. When coffee stops coming into the top part you are done. You now have two shots of something like espresso. Add water to make an Americano, add milk to make a latte, add foamed milk to make a cappuccino. Now go upstairs, put on some Ray Ban sunglasses, an oxford shirt, tie a sweater around your shoulders, and walk out to the mailbox to get your paper while muttering to yourself in Italian...

Che bello!

Neanderthal no more!
I'm putting one in my Amazon cart!

Capresso percolator ....... very hot rich coffee.....
proxy.php

Being a total caffeine addict, I have multiple coffee brewing devices. My favourite is either my aeropress or the classic, the Italian style espresso perc.
I do have a Vietnamese coffee filter that I also like if I'm in the mood

The in-laws are coming over in a few weeks and are bringing me a drip coffee machine. I don't have one and they enjoy several cups of coffee in the morning.

FarmerTan

The in-laws are coming over in a few weeks and are bringing me a drip coffee machine. I don't have one and they enjoy several cups of coffee in the morning.
Enjoy those in laws! I miss my father in law every day.

FarmerTan

We always enjoy their visits. We actually moved to their state so the family could be closer.
Lol, the grandparents are why I'm freezing in Michigan! But my son got to meet them all. Worth it my friend.

I’ve been through many methods over the years, but a few years ago I bought a Breville Barista Express, and since then it’s Americano every morning, using Lavazza Red beans. I’m pretty much down to one or two coffees a day, so I like them to be good. The first one is when I get up in the AM, and I like the fact that with the Breville, the grinding, extraction of a double, and producing the hot water is all done in 3 or 4 minutes. I can enjoy my coffee, wake up, then go off and enjoy my shave. I don’t know of a better way to start the day.

FarmerTan

I’ve been through many methods over the years, but a few years ago I bought a Breville Barista Express, and since then it’s Americano every morning, using Lavazza Red beans. I’m pretty much down to one or two coffees a day, so I like them to be good. The first one is when I get up in the AM, and I like the fact that with the Breville, the grinding, extraction of a double, and producing the hot water is all done in 3 or 4 minutes. I can enjoy my coffee, wake up, then go off and enjoy my shave. I don’t know of a better way to start the day.
Thanks. Off for research...

Keurig here in the truck, auto drip at home, although my wife and I have been musing over the whole grinder/French press issue.
We are coffee heathens. We are on Atkins so.....I put coconut oil, half and half/heavy cream, protein powder, and a pinch of kosher salt to my coffee in a shaker cup then pour that mess into my stainless steel mug. Because of the protein powder, no sugar needed. The salt is to cut heartburn before it happens and also to reduce the sweetness of the protein.
Took a bit to get used to but now I can't have a cup without all that.

Gross, I know.

FarmerTan

Keurig here in the truck, auto drip at home, although my wife and I have been musing over the whole grinder/French press issue.
We are coffee heathens. We are on Atkins so.....I put coconut oil, half and half/heavy cream, protein powder, and a pinch of kosher salt to my coffee in a shaker cup then pour that mess into my stainless steel mug. Because of the protein powder, no sugar needed. The salt is to cut heartburn before it happens and also to reduce the sweetness of the protein.
Took a bit to get used to but now I can't have a cup without all that.

Gross, I know.
Hey. Whatever works tho brother.

Hey. Whatever works tho brother.
I maintain that this devil's brew three times a day (two in the morning, one in the afternoon) is why I'm up to almost three hundred pushups a day. Nooooo, not all at once. It takes all day, twenty here, fifteen there, etc. But still.

FarmerTan

I maintain that this devil's brew three times a day (two in the morning, one in the afternoon) is why I'm up to almost three hundred pushups a day. Nooooo, not all at once. It takes all day, twenty here, fifteen there, etc. But still.
That is awesome. No irregular heartbeat issues I assume? 'Course, you must be pretty young to do all those push ups!

Top Bottom