What's new

Cocktails

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
You tried a Bombay Sapphire with Blue Cheese stuffed Olives? For me, yeah anything with a Blue Cheese stuffed Olives...

About twenty years ago, I was meeting some folks for dinner and drinks at a nice steakhouse in town. After an hour or so of fighting some of the worst traffic I've ever seen, I arrived at the location to find that I was the first one there. I figured they were dealing with the same traffic, so I took a seat at the bar and ordered a Martini (medium dry, stirred, with olives). I was ready for a drink.

The Martini arrived and looked absolutely scruptious. I went for one of the olives and noticed that they were stuffed with blue cheese. I had never seen that, and I was both amazed and delighted! Blue cheese stuffed olives! How wonderful!

I expressed my surprise and delight to the bartender. Her response was equally wonderful. "Yeah, you looked like you needed some blue cheese olives."

Now, I don't know how in the world anyone just looks like they need blue cheese olives. If I hated blue cheese, my drink would have been ruined. However, I don't hate blue cheese. I love it. This was the best Martini ever in the history of the world. She knew that, somehow, and she acted on some seriously keen intuition. I don't recall what I tipped her, but it wasn't enough.

Top Bottom