What's new

Cocktail Cherries -- Best?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I recall in the mid-60s when bright red maraschinos were everywhere. Girls who could tie a cherry stem in a knot with their tongue were good company.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I recall in the mid-60s when bright red maraschinos were everywhere. Girls who could tie a cherry stem in a knot with their tongue were good company.
HehHehHeh. My wife can do that. Of course she hasn’t demonstrated her talent in about 15yrs. :sad:

I'm back. I moved, i.e. changed states and coasts -- that's my excuse. I revisited this old thread. If the sweet syrupy cherries such as Luxardo and others are too sweet and syrupy for the drink you're making, simply rinse them off to whatever degree you like -- there's still a great cocktail cherry under all that syrup. Put the syrup on ice cream (gelato?) after you're consumed all the cherries.

Cheers!
Tony

Welcome back, Tony! I seem to have had a lot to say in this thread back at the beginning of the year! I need to find a hobby, I guess.

If the sweet syrupy cherries such as Luxardo and others are too sweet and syrupy for the drink you're making, simply rinse them off to whatever degree you like-- there's still a great cocktail cherry under all that syrup.
I hear what you are saying, T. But think I am sticking with my cherry gummy bear comment above. Not that I dislike these cherries. And I do use them. And I suppose rinsing them would help with the last sip of the drink being too much candy cherry. And the syrup is good for ice cream, panna cotta, or, say, pancakes. I guess I kind of like having a candied cherry as a little treat at the end of my drink, these cherries do not work as well for me for that purpose as some of the others I talked about!

Bought these as the reviews said that they are superior to my usual Luxardos. I found them identical at a higher price point, so no rebuy for me.

349CF855-4E50-4066-B669-96FF2447D56F.jpeg

Top Bottom