What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

No go, on the blade stops. When one is under, the other is over. No matter how I tried. It rest fine, until lockup. Then, one pops out. I think the lower, swing open, blade guard might be bent, Slightly, or is bending under the pressure. This might need to be looked at before being passed around more. But, I will make a final assessment with the new blades, when they arrive.

I tried to use the Feather blades that came in today. They do not fit as they should. I got them to fit once, when pressing on the blade and the blade stops as I locked it down. Anyone else have this problem?

Something isn't right with it. The feather blade fits better, but it still has to be forced to fit correctly, behind the blade stops. I think it should be sent back before continuing on its journey. Unless people do not mind forcing the blade. I will give it another shave tomorrow. I have some irritation on the neck that needs a day to heal.

Unless it is warped or bent, the blade should fit easily behind the stops with no force needed (if I recall correctly)

Correct.

DaltonGang, per your suggestion it is probably pertinent to have you ship the Cobra home for a quick review to ensure all is well...or wrong. I know the razor does not appeal to many, but I am sorry you are having issues with loading the blade. [emoji15]

Correct.

DaltonGang, per your suggestion it is probably pertinent to have you ship the Cobra home for a quick review to ensure all is well...or wrong. I know the razor does not appeal to many, but I am sorry you are having issues with loading the blade. [emoji15]

I can get it to work, with extra effort, and I will give it a shave.
PM me the address of where you want it sent.

Ok, I shaved tonight, with the Feather blades. I pushed one end down, and behind the blade stop, before shaving, with my fingernail.

Huge difference. The blades are sharper, and the razor was much smoother. I do like the way it shaves. It is well balanced, and the head angle is very good. It was a very nice shave.

The only things I don't like are the blade stop problem, the oversized blade, the finish between the handle grip(lines), and the big one, the price.

Out shaves very well, but I think it still needs to go back for a checkup.
I need an address.

Brief update: package has arrived. I will try to inspect the Cobra tonight to determine if, compared to my daily shaver, there is an issue with loading the blade. Details to follow.

Apologies for the delayed reply as I have been traveling this week. I compared the tour Cobra to my daily shaver, and the "blade tray" does appear bent in comparison. However, I cannot imagine how this could have happened and want to believe it is just a difference between an old model and one manufactured more recently. (There is a lot more play in the blade tray as well when no blade is loaded.) I did load it up with a Dorco blade and had no issues getting it to set appropriately under the blade stops, and I proceeded to have several wonderful shaves. I cannot explain the issues you were experiencing, but have no doubt it was happening.

There is one more member on the tour list. I will reach out and see if he still has interest or if I should just keep her at home.

Any interest in resurrecting this tour after a 4-month hiatus? It seemed the tour had run its course after a few years, but I thought I would check with the masses.

Last edited:
Sure! Where do we stand? Is this open to Canada now? Been using the Mongoose for about a month now. i love it but I always wonder what the Cobra is like.

Top Bottom