What's new

Cobra Classic Confessions

I sold off all my SE razors except for the Cobra Classic and the Vector these 2 give me all I need to get the perfect shave.

I'm heading the same way myself. Cobra, RX, Vector, El Jefe & Brass General will stay. These 5 have character and personality and give me exactly what I want and need in variety and shave performance. The rest of my AC SE's are hitting the door, Paradigm Ti SE included.

Yeah, you guys are giving me ideas. I’ve just been using the SE1 (sometimes SE2) for well over a year, and the only two razors I’ve at all been tempted to try (if possible ) are the Cobra Classic and the Vector. Strangely, I feel like I might even establish a rotation (for a while . . .) if I had those two around with the SE1 . . .

Have been using the Cobra Classic for years; added the King Cobra for backup, Asylum RX and Vector in the last several years. Most likely the final rotation. Nothing has come close to the Cobra Classic......

Bought the origianal Cobra years ago and paid $125 sold it bought another one paid $145 and sold that one. It shaved
great but a pain to load and unload. Now I notice they have not sold any in several years only the King Cobra.

Bought the origianal Cobra years ago and paid $125 sold it bought another one paid $145 and sold that one. It shaved
great but a pain to load and unload. Now I notice they have not sold any in several years only the King Cobra.
They sold the Classic Cobra just a little over a year ago and sold out fast. They haven't replaced them as of yet though. They still have some King Cobra's from the same run in stock...

This thread has been dormant for just over 3 years. I know, it’s no longer in production and I consider it a true shame that this iconic & legendary razor is al fin as the great Latino boxer Roberto Duran said during his epic clash with the great Sugar Ray Leonard “No Mas”. To some it’s too aggressive, the handle is uncomfortable, the locking mechanism is atrocious and it looks too retro plus whatever else a shave critic can throw at it. And for the reasons I mentioned plus others not noted is what makes the Classic Cobra endearing to me. It has its flaws and still for me, it delivers a world class shaving experience that only a handful of razors today, whether modern or vintage can match. It has character and its own personality that is unequaled in the wet shave universe.

Just like any and all razors out there, it won‘t be to everyone’s liking and shave palate but, for the few that get it, it nears the pinnacle of shave performance nirvana.

DD1CB920-007C-46AD-A06D-ABD068FDD460.jpeg

This thread has been dormant for just over 3 years. I know, it’s no longer in production and I consider it a true shame that this iconic & legendary razor is al fin as the great Latino boxer Roberto Duran said during his epic clash with the great Sugar Ray Leonard “No Mas”. To some it’s too aggressive, the handle is uncomfortable, the locking mechanism is atrocious and it looks too retro plus whatever else a shave critic can throw at it. And for the reasons I mentioned plus others not noted is what makes the Classic Cobra endearing to me. It has its flaws and still for me, it delivers a world class shaving experience that only a handful of razors today, whether modern or vintage can match. It has character and its own personality that is unequaled in the wet shave universe.

Just like any and all razors out there, it won‘t be to everyone’s liking and shave palate but, for the few that get it, it nears the pinnacle of shave performance nirvana.

View attachment 1482529
I agree with everything you said. However, for me, the handle size (small) was the only drawback. I remember stating after a Cobra pass around that if the handle were larger, I would buy it. Lo & behold, the King Cobra was born and remains in my shave den to this day.

marty

G

Guest2023

View attachment 1482529

I totallt agree with you. Its unique design and locking system distinguish itself from other modern razors which are mostly boring 3 piece razors. and it really is one of the best modern shavers.

The only razor that can match Cobra Classic, considering uniqueness and shaving quality all together, is Paradigm SE and I prefer Cobra Classic a bit more.

I'm curious, what other AC razor would you guys compare to be most similar to have the Cobra shaves and feels (aggressiveness/ efficiency/blade feel/etc). Cobra are pretty much all I use, would like to have some more variety but with something that shaves as well for me.

G

Guest2023

I'm curious, what other AC razor would you guys compare to be most similar to have the Cobra shaves and feels (aggressiveness/ efficiency/blade feel/etc). Cobra are pretty much all I use, would like to have some more variety but with something that shaves as well for me.

I've tried 14 AC razors and no AC razors I've tried were similar to Cobra.

For me, Schick D injector was the closest razor to Cobra Classic in terms of shaving quality.Both of them are very efficient and super smooth.

Some say Enoch and Asylum RX V2 are similar but I haven't experienced both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a killer shave today. Schick Proline & the Cobra is really something special in terms of still exhibiting great cutting ability with excellent smoothness and feel on the skin. 2 solid passes with nothing else to do. No buffing, no touch ups or a clean up pass. Just took a slow and methodical approach to this mornings shave and the results were just superb. Shave wise on the performance end, it has no weakness. The Ethos soap provides an excellent barrier with the added skin conditioning properties that it carries that completes the total shave experience with a great performing razor.

Great shaves to all…..

F28B1239-D3D6-4018-8115-F40780E8488A.jpeg

August 12, 2023
Cobra Classic
Kai Captain Protouch MG (10)
Shavemac Beagle
SV Felce Aromatica
Shave Soap & Aftershave

A fantastic shave with the Cobra Classic. None of my other razors combine its shave and looks. Plus it's just cool.​

Can I confess that I now have another Cobra classic. I sold my original some time ago to pay a few bills so when I saw this one pop up on a popular auction site I hit the buy it now button. Problem is my original classic gave me superb easy shaves with no issues at all. This one however is so aggressive to me that I can barley use it. I've checked blade alignment ect, and tried several different blades both with guard and unguarded, but to no avail its just too harsh on my face. I'm keeping it because I can this time but does anyone have ideas on something I've over looked?

Can I confess that I now have another Cobra classic. I sold my original some time ago to pay a few bills so when I saw this one pop up on a popular auction site I hit the buy it now button. Problem is my original classic gave me superb easy shaves with no issues at all. This one however is so aggressive to me that I can barley use it. I've checked blade alignment ect, and tried several different blades both with guard and unguarded, but to no avail its just too harsh on my face. I'm keeping it because I can this time but does anyone have ideas on something I've over looked?

Sorry to hear that. The Classic shouldn’t feel overly aggressive at all. Can you post a pic or two with how the blade looks loaded and locked in, front & side? Maybe we can see something out of the ordinary. Don’t want to speculate without getting an idea of how the set up looks.

Top Bottom