What's new

Coate's Tea Tree Shaving Cream - Discussion Thread

the cream glints with a freshness and moisture that beckons my brush in the morning

Tinzien very nice review!:biggrin:

How was the slickness and lubrication comparing it to the 3 T's and some of the Sues soaps?
It sure sounds great!
Thanks

I love the way thus stuff lathers up and shaves - really superlative. The scent isn't anything to write home about, but the shave is worth it.

Goosemeplease said:
Tinzien very nice review!:biggrin:

How was the slickness and lubrication comparing it to the 3 T's and some of the Sues soaps?
It sure sounds great!
Thanks

Thank you! :)

I found the slickness and lubrication to be on par or above a T&H cream, and miles above what I get from ToOBS. I have only a couple Scotto samples of Trumpers cream so I really do not have much of a history to compare.

I cannot speak to Honeybee Sue's soaps as I have not tried them. The Coate's cream slickness and lubrication is similar yet a different feeling to the QED Sandalwood soap that I have.

This is all subjective of course, but there is just something about the "face feel" of the Coate's tea tree that makes my brain think of black ice on a road at night.

Edit/Add: I make frequent use of a Burt's Bee's Blemish Stick that has crazy mad levels of tea tree oil in it. The stick is very strong but that is what I consider to be "baseline" tea tree smell for me. Thus when I put my nose to the Coate's, I find the scent to be mild and pleasing (yet still medicinal) compared to the Burt's Bee's sledgehammer. Since the scent does not cling to me during a shave or with whatever I use afterwards, I find the medicinal scent aspect to be a very small price to pay for a great shave. As LeisureGuy would say, YMMV.

This was my first Coates product and I really like it - great shaving cream. The smell is quite medicinal, so I only use it frequently. However, because of the tea tree oil, I do turn to this product when I've beat my face up the day before or if I want to have a tea tree day and follow it up with some Body Shop tea tree oil toner as an a/s splash.

The Coates is on par with any product out there - I've used the lime (very strong (IMHO) lime-aid scent), lavender and sandalwood. I get good results with all my Coates creams.

Top Bottom