What's new

Coates Shaving Cream

Joe, Coates is probably one of the most underrated shave creams. Superior product along the lines of Trumpers & T&H. Stock up because supplies are usually spotty.

I have a tube of Lime and one of Sandalwood. It's the only Sandalwood shaving cream I have tried that I really like. Great stuff!

Randy

Austin said:
Joe, Coates is probably one of the most underrated shave creams. Superior product along the lines of Trumpers & T&H. Stock up because supplies are usually spotty.

Hey Austin,

Do you think this is a good price?? Is it normally difficult to find??? I am going to order a few then.

Thanks,

Joe

Coates Tea Tree is one of my favorite creams. Definitely in the same league as the three T's. It's a decent price. Its been difficult to find up until a few months ago, when some of the European vendors started getting it again. I don't know of anywhere in the US that has it at the moment (crossing fingers).

--Mark

farangzookzon said:
Hey Austin,

Do you think this is a good price?? Is it normally difficult to find??? I am going to order a few then.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, that's an excellent price. That's about $10 off the normal price.

Austin said:
Joe, that's an excellent price. That's about $10 off the normal price.

Hi Austin,

OUTSTANDING! I picked up my favorite scent (limes) and Sandalwood based on Randy's recommendation. I will give some feedback once I try them. I do have a question and not sure if anyone can give me an answer. How long can one keep these shaving creams before they expire or go bad if there is even such a thing?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, I've heard of gents having shave creams for 4 years. The longest I have had a shave cream is about 1.5 years.

Joe,

The limes is excellent. I use it in the summer, not so much in the winter. I hope you like the Sandalwood. As I said, it's the only Sandalwood cream that I have liked.

Randy

I just purchased the Tea Tree and Sandalwood from Knox, and they arrived yesterday. Great creams, super consistency, fabulous prices, etc.

Knox has quick shipments and good customer support.

Grab em at these prices!

Tom

AACJ said:
It looks like Knox is closing out their total supply of Coates. That's why it's on sale.

FWIW

And what are you ordering? Looks like they are already out of tubes, which were on sale for quite some time. They also have Col. Conk!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
And what are you ordering? Looks like they are already out of tubes, which were on sale for quite some time. They also have Col. Conk!

Randy

Randy,

Well, can't do it from the work computer, but might be able to do it when I get home this morning.

But, I want to get some Sandalwood, I got a sample from Austin, actually 4 samples from Austin. AOS, Coates, Vulfix and T & H, all of Sandalwood.

And unfortunatley, I like them ALL!!

I've got plenty of Conk though.

Cliff said:
You can get a better price on the Coates INFERIOR Lime.

Cliff

Cliff,

Forgive me for being ignorant but is your posting supposed to be tongue in cheek?? Could I have gotten their limes scent cheaper somplace else? If so please advise.

Thanks,

Joe

farangzookzon said:
Cliff,

Forgive me for being ignorant but is your posting supposed to be tongue in cheek?? Could I have gotten their limes scent cheaper somplace else? If so please advise.

Thanks,

Joe
It was a joke.

Most definately tongue-in-cheek.

I always get a 'kick' out of companies that market products with wording like "Superior" or "Best in Class". Makes me wonder if there is a company out there that advertises; "We're second in class, but we're cheaper."

Just me a and my wacko sense of humor.

Cliff

Hello all,

Coates creams are one of my favorites. I like all that I have tried...the Lime, Tea Tree and Rose. They all produce a rich luxurious lather for me. The Tea Tree is truly a unique scent and especially good for those mornings your face feels a little beat up.:w00t: The Lime and Rose are good anytime!:001_smile

The normal price was $28, now at $19.60 at knoxcigar.com. I just ordered some for my inventory. By the way, they have free shipping for $100 minimum order...just the kind of excuse we all need to buy more creams!:thumbup1:

Their retail store is acually in my town, but I ordered my Coates from the website.

I've never tried their Sandalwood, but when I find some I probably will try it since I never found another Sandalwood I liked, as some others mentioned in this thread.

Happy Shaving,

Ron

I ordered 2 tubs of Coates from Knox Cigar--Tea Tree & Lime--and when I opened the tubs they were only filled about half way.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Top Bottom