What's new

Coast to coast in 27 hours.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Enjoyable story and article.
Very lucky guys to not been caught by the cops over such long journey

An amazing group of articles on these totally insane guys. Average speed? 103 mph.

How they evaded the cops is an amazing story in itself.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Don't be so sure they evaded the cops. They plastered themselves all over the internet. They are on traffic cams across the country. They should be prosecuted in every jurisdiction they passed through.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Don't be so sure they evaded the cops. They plastered themselves all over the internet. They are on traffic cams across the country. They should be prosecuted in every jurisdiction they passed through.
Part of me agrees with you. Honestly, like, maybe, 33%.

But.... the rest of me, the kid that spent his allowance money on Burt Reynolds movies is extremely jealous.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
What a buzzkill.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
They admitted to cruising at over 160 mph at night on many stretches. Killing some innocent people would have been a buzzkill. There is no justifying this activity. If they want to race, they should go on a racetrack.
I’m sure no one disagrees. OP is just sharing the story. It’s pretty obvious laws were broken and public safety put at risk.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m sure no one disagrees. OP is just sharing the story. It’s pretty obvious laws were broken and public safety put at risk.
Just to be a cantankerous old man, I would state the obvious:

An old lady doing 45 mph on the freeway in the fast lane for 5 miles is more dangerous than these 3 hombres were cross country!

These guys are actually pretty funny too. They've documented some of their stories on the "VINWIKI" youtube channel.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Dont want to get caught in Canada...

insurance-for-speeding-ticket-fines-50-over.jpg

it might be a long depressing walk lol.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I watched this last night and remembered this thread.

Its a different crew in a modified BMW M5 in an underground race called the US Express, NYC to Los Angeles. The footage is from a few years ago because they had to wait until the statute of limitations came into effect before before going public.

The US Express started when the Cannonball Run ended in 1979.

The Definitive Documentary on Transcontinental Racing Debuts This Month - https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/entertainment/a29400871/apex-the-secret-race-across-america-cannonball-documentary/

Theres lots of in car footage and sure they were speeding, but they wernt driving aggressively or being dangerous. One can drive fast without being careless, especially, as they describe in detail in the documentary, when you know how to treat the truckers.

The fastest time stated at the end of the documentary was set by two drivers and a spotter in a modiified Mercedes CL55 AMG.

Untitled.jpg

Atlanta man shatters coast-to-coast 'Cannonball Run' speed record - CNN - https://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/us/new-york-los-angeles-cannonball-speed-record/index.html

It seems theres a new record set almost every year now.

Top Bottom