What's new

Coarse beard dulling safety razor blades after just one to two shaves (2-pass)

I do shower and use some Trader Joes soap or else glycerin soap to crean and wash. Then apply some preshave (Proraso), let is soak/condition skin and hair. Then take some warm water, disperse it and finally apply lather and rub it well to make it dense.
Try different blades (Bic, Feather, Kai, or the rusky Gillettes.....2 shaves is good, try 3. I rinse them and pad them dry. Good luck

Update: so showering prior helped some, and I got a .8 gamechanger razor to open up the gap a bit. Now I'm trying various blades. So far the Gillete Yellow blades made it to 6 shaves without irritation. Astra is still just 3, and Wilkinson Sword just massacre my skin for some reason and dull after 2 shaves. I have a bunch more to try. Will check back.

Ps - I do pre-shave proraso as well, and I'm considering buying a tub of original Noxzema cream since proraso pre-shave is nearly identical to it, and the Noxzema is like quarter the price.

Update: so showering prior helped some, and I got a .8 gamechanger razor to open up the gap a bit. Now I'm trying various blades. So far the Gillete Yellow blades made it to 6 shaves without irritation. Astra is still just 3, and Wilkinson Sword just massacre my skin for some reason and dull after 2 shaves. I have a bunch more to try. Will check back.

Ps - I do pre-shave proraso as well, and I'm considering buying a tub of original Noxzema cream since proraso pre-shave is nearly identical to it, and the Noxzema is like quarter the price.
Late to your thread!

Another blade suggestion:
Bic Chrome Platinum!
Sharper than a Feather blade after the first shave. I replace blades after the 3rd. shave but the Bic's seem to last forever.
And they're relatively cheap!

Top Bottom