What's new

Coach Wallet

My wife wants me to pick out a wallet for me for father's day. My brother in law works for Coach and gets a nice discount. Does anyone have coach wallet? Are they worth it? Any style that you prefer?

No, no, depends on the type of wallet.

Personally, I wouldn't want a Coach wallet as that company is primarily targeted towards women. Next up is the fact that a wallet for men isn't really much of a fashion accessory, thus there isn't a need for name-brand recognition. That said, I own a Saddleback Leather wallet. I bought it because of the durability and the size (their small wallet in chestnut). Price was also something to note. $30 bucks for a wallet isn't dirt cheap, but it certainly isn't the appalling $48-$88 for a similar product made by Coach.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/160-new-accessories-page

I use the Coach water buffalo slim card case for my license and credit cards, and keep my cash in a separate money clip in my front pocket. I've used mine daily for about 5 years and it probably has several more years of use in it. The logo is subtle (almost worn away by now) which I prefer. Overpriced? Perhaps, but if so, not by much. Amortized over the life of the product, the premium was worth it to me to get exactly what I was looking for from a reliable source.

Yes, yes, billfold with a clear ID pocket on the left side. Mine is 12 - 13 years old. If I were buying a new one, I'd probably get the "WATER BUFFALO DOUBLE BILLFOLD." The only way you'd know it is Coach is if you closely examine it for the small emossed logo on the corner of the card section. Otherwise, just an old black wallet.

I used a coach wallet and loved it-it lasted about 15 years!! That was when they were made in the US. I would have gotten another one but rec'd a really nice alligator wallet from my wife....

Coach used to be good but now it's all made in china. I'm not paying coach prices for a product mass produced in China.

I have and use the Saddleback Large wallet.
Yes it is large but so am I.
Not everyone's cup of tea.

I think if you like the wallet and it's durable enough then it's a good choice.
There's nothing worse than using a wallet that costs a bundle then falls apart.

I have the Saddleback Passport Wallet. I carry it even when I'm not traveling just so there's no adjustment when I do travel. I hated swapping back and forth to a smaller wallet, getting comfortable with how things were arranged, then getting thrown off every time I left the country. I'm fairly certain this one will last the full 100 years of the warranty.

I also have the Coach slim card case (gift) and it's nice, but doesn't have the "substantial" feel that my Saddleback has trained me to expect. As always, I think if the style of a wallet fits your needs and the price is right you should go for it.

I have a Coach wallet and they are very well constructed. It has lasted me about 5 years and is still in great condition. Unfortunetly, they have limited styles. I wanted to pick up a new one the other day but they had nothing that interested me. If you like the style, pick one up. You wont regret it.

Didn't even know Coach made anything but purses.

I love my Saddleback small wallet, but all I carry is an ID, two cards and a couple bills. It's perfect for my needs and will outlive me.

Thanks all, I felt obligated to try Coach, as my B.I.L was very kind to offer the discount, but looking at the Saddleback site I instantly found a wallet I really want, besides having Logos is just not me.

That said, I own a Saddleback Leather wallet. I bought it because of the durability and the size (their small wallet in chestnut). Price was also something to note. $30 bucks for a wallet isn't dirt cheap, but it certainly isn't the appalling $48-$88 for a similar product made by Coach.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/160-new-accessories-page

I have and use the Saddleback Large wallet.
Yes it is large but so am I.
Not everyone's cup of tea.

I think if you like the wallet and it's durable enough then it's a good choice.
There's nothing worse than using a wallet that costs a bundle then falls apart.

I have the Saddleback Leather large wallet. It's very big, but it's just what I need. They are guaranteed for 100 years, BTW.

I have the Coach money clip/credit card holder and absolutely love it. It has replaced my wallet completely. Carry it in my front pocket, loose change in the other. Funny because my daughter worked there one year over the Xmas shopping season, and bought tons of gifts from Coach. I never thought I would like this thing, but I do. Check it out.

You can't compare coach to saddleback. It's like apples and oranges. Saddleback is a rough duty type item while coach is a dress item. I have the saddleback large wallet and I would never be using it with a suit. I know the owner talks about his leather on his site and says his is best. Maybe in his universe but in the world leather is is rated by it's softness and suppleness. I have a Ghurka wallet I bought 15 years ago and it looks as good as it did when I got it.

Get the coach water buffalo I am on my second one after 20 years. My current one is a Coach Mens Passcard ID Bi-fold wallet .

I've not had good luck with recent-production Coach men's items.

I had a wallet that lasted about 2 years before the ID window cracked downt the middle and a seam popped. I don't over-stuff either... I'm no Kastanza.

I had a pair of black lace-up dress shoes that the lasts (rubber, before I knew better) wore through and loss their smooth side-coating after less than a year of wear (2-3 days per week in an office environment).

I almost splurged on a Coach passport wallet a few months back, mainly because they were the only MFG that had a passport-sized wallet with black outer and tan inner... but thinking back to the prior 2 instances, I passed.

Top Bottom