What's new

CO Bigelow vs KMF for a noob?

I wasn't getting much on this in the general forum so I thought I'd try the SC guys. See here for original post if you'd like.

I just put together a starter kit for my future brother in law's birthday(its today). I was having a hard time figuring out if CO Bigelow or KMF Greent Tea and Bamboo would be a better cream for a newbie. I haven't shaved with the KMF (have test lathered it but didn't shave) but a couple guys had mentioned that it might be lacking in the lubrication department. I have no problem giving him either one but I'm no expert so I would love your opinions.

Thanks again

This is obviously YMMV advice, but I would definitely opt for the CO Bigelow as it has a more old school vibe to it. Anybody who's open to starting this hobby must appreciate some sort of old school vibe.

Not to mention that shiny green metal tube looks so classy - much more appropriate for a gift than the toothpaste style KMF IMHO.

Either way, I'm sure it will be appreciated! Both creams are technically ok brushless, so the margin for error from a n00b perspective should be pretty safe.

You can't go wrong with either. KMF comes in many scents, so it would be best if menthol is not preferred.

send him both! seriously, these both are inexpensive enough to be able to include them both, and are different enough from each other for him to decide if he prefers one over the other.

My vote is C.O.Bigelow it's Proraso for starters so you know it will preform very well and is easy to lather. And I prefer it better than KMF.

Alright guys thanks for the input! I think I'll throw the bigelow in there and hold on to the KMF for him until he gets a rough idea of what he's doing. I think it's best to use the same setup for awhile at the beginning so you can work on technique. It was helpful for me for as long as I was able to stand it.

Thanks again!

Alright guys thanks for the input! I think I'll throw the bigelow in there and hold on to the KMF for him until he gets a rough idea of what he's doing. I think it's best to use the same setup for awhile at the beginning so you can work on technique. It was helpful for me for as long as I was able to stand it.

Thanks again!

What a kind brother-in-law you are! :biggrin1:

C.O. Bigelow would probably be better for someone new to the skill. I had a harder time making a just-right lather with KMF when I first started out.

I had an easy time lathering both, even with a cheap brush(proof that cheap brushes are still awesome). Still haven't shaved with the KMF but I kept it for myself so I'll have to give it a go here soon. I'm pretty stuck on QCS right now so I'm having a hard time giving any others a round. Man that QCS is great.

I have both Proraso and KMF and I find it TONS easier to get a lather from the KMF. It also smells great and is very good for the face. Moisturizing and such

send him both! seriously, these both are inexpensive enough to be able to include them both, and are different enough from each other for him to decide if he prefers one over the other.

+1! I am starting to learn this is a B&B way of life kind of thing. Can't decide? Get both. Then "get rid of one later"...hah

Top Bottom