What's new

CMP 1911 auction.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The more I read on the CMP 1911 forum the more I like B&B. We all get along here and respect the rules and if you don't ... we generally take care of that.

Agreed. But I think here, it isn't just about respecting the rules, it's about knowing and respecting each other, as members and as moderators. Everyone here, knows and respects you, apart from the rules. So if/when you admonish us because we have skirted/violated the rules, it helps us with reasoning the phrase, "sometimes I'm the pidgeon, sometimes I'm the statue."

By it's very nature, even moderators here, can view "the rules" thru their own colored lenses of "their own perspectives." Especially, if they are not apart of this sub forum, or have "differing views" on firearms.

trust me, I have experience with a couple. :) But with you, since you are not only a moderator, but also a fellow member who posts and takes personal interest in this sub forum and in the members of this sub forum, even if I disagreed with you about "what I did or didn't do" it would still be my absolute joy and honor, knowing "it was you" passing down my judgement/punishment, compared to some others.

Why? because they, possibly, will not just judge me by the rules, but also by their preconceived perceptions or attitudes towards firearms. If i am judged/punished by you, I know, it is not only by someone who i consider a friend, but also by someone "we all know" is friendly to our perspectives and opinions in firearms.

I can confidently pretty much know, if you say I am guilty, it's because I am guilty. :)

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Pistol shipped yesterday. They had Service Grade avaliable so I went with that. I will post pics when it comes in.
I was just thinking the other day about your pistol and wondering if you’d received the call yet. Waiting for the pics. I’m hoping they open up a third round so my wife ;) can get one as well.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I was just thinking the other day about your pistol and wondering if you’d received the call yet. Waiting for the pics. I’m hoping they open up a third round so my wife ;) can get one as well.
Mine would like one also. She does have to get her Texas LTC 1st.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
1942 Colt Frame. GI Refurb Slide. WB inspection stamp. The gun is really tight and the barrel is nice and shiny with good rifling. Probably very few rounds after it’s last rebuild.

13A5B82E-03A2-40A5-8912-C86C9BF010ED.jpeg
E67DE8B4-D7F0-4442-B0AE-F92D4239F3FF.jpeg
DD4A2E77-C508-4CF1-A912-5C9A5F368C13.jpeg
F648426D-36FA-4E4A-98BC-9FDAF892322B.jpeg
715D5E84-6A93-448B-98C2-B91C9FDD93DB.jpeg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
1942 Colt Frame. GI Refurb Slide. WB inspection stamp. The gun is really tight and the barrel is nice and shiny with good rifling. Probably very few rounds after it’s last rebuild.

View attachment 1407314View attachment 1407315View attachment 1407316View attachment 1407317View attachment 1407318
That’s an awesome looking pistol! I know some folks on the CMP forum were bummed about the refurb slides, but at least you know the heat treatment was done right and you don’t have to worry about any cracks forming on the slide.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
That’s an awesome looking pistol! I know some folks on the CMP forum were bummed about the refurb slides, but at least you know the heat treatment was done right and you don’t have to worry about any cracks forming on the slide.

I plan to shoot this. I wanted a good slide on it. I think some of the guys thought they were getting all original collectors issue 1911's. Not at that price they're not.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I plan to shoot this. I wanted a good slide on it. I think some of the guys thought they were getting all original collectors issue 1911's. Not at that price they're not.
Some of the original posts from those folks were hilarious. “I wanted an all original, all matching, Colt with a certified letter detailing where it went and how many Germans/Japs it killed. Instead what I got was a mix master that had a new barrel.” :eek2::lol:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
@BigFoot theres a guy on the CMP forum that will look up your serial number and can tell you when and where your pistol was originally shipped. This works for the Colt frames, but not the Remington Rand frames like I got.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
@BigFoot theres a guy on the CMP forum that will look up your serial number and can tell you when and where your pistol was originally shipped. This works for the Colt frames, but not the Remington Rand frames like I got.
I will have to look him up. I have not gotten on the CMP forum for a while. I need to do that again anyway.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Beauty bit of history right there! I'd be happy as-is.

:letterk1: I'd be happy-er if I could see that thumbnail of a front sight on a USGI 1911, especially at night.

A lighted range, you might be all right. Probably not intended for SD at this point.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Beauty bit of history right there! I'd be happy as-is.

:letterk1: I'd be happy-er if I could see that thumbnail of a front sight on a USGI 1911, especially at night.

A lighted range, you might be all right. Probably not intended for SD at this point.

AA
That is the 1st thing I thought when I brought it in to firing position at home. I can't see the damn front site. That was in a well lit living room. Maybe if I put my reading glasses on. :lol:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
That is the 1st thing I thought when I brought it in to firing position at home. I can't see the damn front site. That was in a well lit living room. Maybe if I put my reading glasses on. :lol:

Simply practice dryfire drawing until you don't NEED sights anymore to hit. Ye Men of Olde could do it; we are their inheritors.

Like shooting a slingshot. Then you have panache and results too.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Simply practice dryfire drawing until you don't NEED sights anymore to hit. Ye Men of Olde could do it; we are their inheritors.

Like shooting a slingshot. Then you have panache and results too.

AA
Or just fire the .45 ACP out of the sling shot. Then the sight becomes completely moot.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Does anyone know if the case that pistol is shipped in is a Pelican? It looks like a Pelican but there are no markings on it.

Top Bottom