What's new

Clydesdale shell strop 129??

Hello
I saw a Clydesdale Shell Strop at my local antique store for pretty cheap and its in very good shape/looks almost new
If its worth it, I'll go pick it up tomorrow after work
Anyone have any reviews on it? I can't seem to find any information on it

Thanks for your help

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
If you end up not liking it someone will take it off your hands on the BST.

In all seriousness I bid on a Clydsdale in EBay, but didn't win it. It looks to be a great strop. And if you don't like it, please PM me, and I'll gladly purchase it from you.

Thanks, I couldn't find any info on it. I'll pick it up afterwork today... if its still there

$IMG_0416.jpg$IMG_0417.jpg
There are some pictures of it!

Attachments

• $IMG_0415.jpg
    $IMG_0415.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 84
Oh sorry.

You asked about the 129's which are very nice.

The 126's are not.

I'll still buy it off you, even so, since I'm a man of my word...

I thought it was a 129 but it was a 126 couldn't read it behind the glass
Its okay it was pretty cheap I'll replace my practice strop with it

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I thought it was a 129 but it was a 126 couldn't read it behind the glass
Its okay it was pretty cheap I'll replace my practice strop with it

That's a very nice strop. Don't use it willy nilly and slice it up :). How is the draw on it?

Ah! I didn't know that!! Haha hard to detect sarcasm over the boards haha
I paid peanuts for it and wasn't sure if it was worth it. If its quite nice, I'll leave it alone till I get more practice since my first practice strop has taken a few hits, but alas its just a practice strop for a reason
Its super fast/light compared to my walking English bridle strop
Maybe I'll practice more on my crummy practice strop for another month before I go onto this one since the English bridle has a heavy draw so its easy to go slow and feel it sticking to the strop

And yep that video is exactly me and strops I have no idea, it looks like a practice strop it was priced like one to. Only logical haha since I couldn't find anything online about them

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan. Once you've gotten to the point of not nicking your strop you'll likely be at the point of appreciating what a nice strop feels like too.

Great score!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Ah! I didn't know that!! Haha hard to detect sarcasm over the boards haha
I paid peanuts for it and wasn't sure if it was worth it. If its quite nice, I'll leave it alone till I get more practice since my first practice strop has taken a few hits, but alas its just a practice strop for a reason
Its super fast/light compared to my walking English bridle strop
Maybe I'll practice more on my crummy practice strop for another month before I go onto this one since the English bridle has a heavy draw so its easy to go slow and feel it sticking to the strop

And yep that video is exactly me and strops I have no idea, it looks like a practice strop it was priced like one to. Only logical haha since I couldn't find anything online about them

Glad you have a good sense of humor Friend! The strop is a keeper!

I meant for the "over the head" reference to be about not catching Seraphim's unscrupulous attempt to separate you from that strop...hehe.

Last edited:
Haha thanks Kent! Yah its a keeper Its a much different feel than my other strops
This and the Bridle are on complete opposite sides haha

And definitely he did make quite an attempt but I doubt he'd let me sell it to him for cheap, he apologized cause clearly he caught me off guard. Reading over it again I'm surprised no one asked be to buy a bridge haha

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Yeah, once you hang out with us for a longer period of time you'll find we are all a bunch of jokers :lol: and Seraphim is the ringleader.

Top Bottom