What's new

Clubman's Very Special Reserve

I love special reserve, but it is maybe the most hit or miss of Pinaud's AS in terms of quality control. The good ones are tremendous. You'll know the bad ones as soon as you open them.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Mine took on a greenish cast, after a couple years.

full

Smells and acts the same. Must assume this is the war-winning WWII version! and it has gone CAMO.

AA

Great write up. I don't get Aramis at all. For me it's woody, mossy, burned tobacco & tar. It's my fav cold weather AS scent. I cut it with about 1 oz of witch hazel. It tamed the scent a bit.

Never smelled Aramis or Quorum, but I really dig both SR and mixed into El Dorado. Definitely a bold scent, right up there with Midnight Stag and other legendary leather/smoke/musk scents. I really enjoy it layered with Tabac or RR Puros, too.

First off, I love this stuff! It pairs wonderfully with Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber, or CF Midnight Stag. I've never used Tabac, but from what I've read about, I'd bet they're good together, as well.

When I smell SR, I get some leather, and I guess some slight musk undertones, but mostly what I get, is more of a tobacco flower. It's really sweet, not burnt. I've never smelled an actual tobacco flower, but I did smell a strong tobacco flower scented candle when I took my daughters Christmas shopping this past year, and that's what SR reminds me of.

This just goes to show how subjective scents and aromas are - everyone smells something different. Pretty cool...

Spot on. SR is definitely a cold-weather scent, for me. Overpowering if applied straight, but very nice if you cut a few drops of it with WH. My bottle is 5+ years old, and the liquid is now clearly dark green. A must-have!

Top Bottom